Chapter Five

A/N:
Well hello! I just wanted to say thank you so freaking much! Last night I had 40 views on my Fan fiction, today I have 400+!! I hope you enjoy this, and thanks for the support! I'll try to update quicker from now on! XD ~Maddie

Y/n's POV:

I can't believe the words that Natsu says.

"Y/n. I love you."

I stare in disbelief at Natsu. I never imagined he felt this way about me, and I didn't think I felt the same until out of nowhere, my body lunges forward and I kiss him.

My heart races and our lips move in sync. Natsu's hand wanders to my neck and I pull him closer to me, it still wasn't close enough though. Before I want to, I pull away from Natsu's warm kiss.

"Natsu, I-I think I love you too." I smile.

"I'm so glad." He laughs. I punch his arm again, and hug him. I'm a little shorter than him, so I put my head in the crook of his neck. He and I embrace for what seems like hours.

"I love you." I say again.

"I love you too, Y/n." Natsu replies. "I can't believe you feel the same way."

"Actually, neither can I. I didn't know how I felt until my heart pushed me into your lips." I joke.

"Thank you little heart." Natsu says while poking at my heart.

"Stop that!" I say, laughing, and slap his hand. "You perv." I laugh.

"WHA!?"

"Poking at my boobs!"

"N-no! ITS NOT LIKE THAT!" He yells, confused.

"I know, I know. I'm just playing with you!" We both laugh together. "Let's go to the guild."

"Alright!"

••• Timeskip to the guild •••

"WHAAAT!?" Lucy yells. I just told her the news. "You two are the perfect couple! I should have known you were going to fall in love!"

"Let the girl talk too, Lucy." Erza says. "I personally think you are a perfect couple too."

"Thank you both, I wasn't sure how you would take it." I say sheepishly. "After so many years, everything I felt I thought was normal. I guess I should have looked a little closer."

"It still worked out, that's good." Lucy pats my shoulder. "I'm happy if you're happy."

"Yes, I am also happy." Erza says. I smile at them both and we chat for a while longer.

"Y/n! Let's get home! We'll find a job tomorrow!" Natsu calls out. I say quick goodbyes to my friends and run to Natsu. We hold hands and walk all the way home.

"How did they take it?" I ask Natsu, referring to Gray, Loke, and Gajeel. They all hate each other's guts, but are family.

"They were jealous! Well, besides Gray. He has Juvia, so he thinks he's better than me." I laugh.

"You couldn't have found anyone better!" I joke.

"It's true. How's Lucy and Loke?" Natsu asks.

"They're doing well. Didn't you ask Loke?"

"Nah, he's too happy to pay attention."

"That's good though, that means he must really love Lucy." I say, smiling. "It's cute, you know. All of us, couples. I never thought any of us would be together. AND WHAT ABOUT LEVY AND GAJEEL!? Levy still won't tell us anything."

"I'm not sure, they won't talk to us either. I'll bet they're dating." Natsu smirks. "Guess what."

"What?"

"I love you." Natsu kisses me on the cheek as we walk in the door of our house.

"I love you too!" I smile. I kiss his lips once before taking a bath.

{{{Natsu's POV:}}}

I'm so lucky to have Y/n. I didn't even realize until now that I love her. I still can't believe she feels the same way.

"Y/n?" I call, hearing the bathroom door open. "You done?"

"Yeah! Be there in a second!"

I smile at the ceiling while lying on my bed. I'm the luckiest man in the world.

I don't care if Igneel may be dead and she didn't tell me. It shocked and hurt me, but I can't hold it against her. I can't make her cry anymore. I hope she doesn't feel bad.

"Hey silly! Can you brush my hair?" Y/n laughs, poking my cheek.

"Aww! Y/n! Can't you do it yourself!" I whine, grabbing the brush.

"NOPE!"

I brush, gently, through Y/n's silky (H/c) locks. When I'm done, I braid her hair and we lie together.

"I love you, my little dragon." Y/n says.

"I love you more, Y/n."

We both smile, kiss, then fall asleep. My dream was of when we met, made promises. I have to keep them, no matter what.