Chapter Eight

Y/n's POV:

''Dodge, Attack, run. Dodge, attack, run.' This is my pattern. But I knew he was going to figure it out. 'Run, dodge, attack. Attack, run, dodge.'

I barely dodge one of the attacks from my opponent, but I'm able to run closer and attack. Lightning erupts from my body, into my opponent. I get as close as I can to him, then attack again. I put my hand onto his stomach and surge lightning through it.

He groans, then chuckles. I slowly back away, knowing that must not have effected him. I run at him again, full speed, and punch his jaw. He yells out, and puts his hand in his mouth, pulling out a tooth.

I kick his stomach, and grab his arm. Of course, that was a bad idea. He grabs my arm with his bloodied hand and laughs.

"You can't defeat me. Not even, with him." He nods towards the entrance of the cave.

I turn, expecting the worst. I keep most of my attention on my arm, making sure that he won't make any moves. I almost yell in anger when I see my precious, pink haired, dragon standing at the entrance.

"N-Natsu." I spit out.

I turn back to my opponent. I notice what would be the death of me.

He flips me over and onto the ground with the arm that he had been holding. I feel the air knocked from my lungs. He kicks my stomach multiple times, then picks me up by my (h/c) locks. I cry out in pain, but still attempt to attack.

"Fool. You shouldn't have come here in the first place!"

Tears jerked at my eyes from the pain, but I kept them from falling. 'I can't lose!'

"Y/n!" My dragon yells to me. "N-no. Stay there!"

"I don't have a choice, do I N-Natsu." I snarl back. My opponent grabs my throat and starts to choke me.

I hear Natsu's footsteps in the water, running towards me. 'Stay back! Don't!'

A hand hits my stomach, throwing me back. I keep my balance and am standing a few feet from him.

"Goodbye, daughter." He says.

I feel pain and darkness.'

"NO!" I shriek, darting up into a sitting position in the bed. Tears were pouring from my eyes, and there was blood on my hand from digging my fingernails into it.

"Y/N!" Natsu yells, running into the room. "WHAT HAPPENED!?"

"Nightmare. That's all."

"That's all!? Look at you!" Natsu shrieks.

"I'm fine, really. I just, had a really bad nightmare." I whisper, trying to remember the dream. "What was it even about?"

"You woke up screaming and you don't even know what the dream was about!?" Natsu grabs my arm and then lightly touches my chin. "Y/n! What's going on?"

"I don't know Natsu!" I snap. "It must be the fever. It was just a dream, I'm FINE."

Natsu nods, and looks away sadly. I stare after him as he walks from my bed, and he turns around once more.

"Come eat." He says.

••• (Guild) •••

"So you can't remember the dream?" Levy asks as I tell my story.

"No. I don't know what happened."

"Well, it must have been something bad. I mean look at your hand and lip." Erza says.

"My lip?" I exclaim. Lucy hands me a small piece of glass and I see my reflection. I had a tooth mark in my lip, and it was swollen. "I didn't even know."

"It's weird. I swear I had something like this happen before." Lucy mumbles. "THAT'S IT! It was when I went on a job with you, Erza! I had a dream a few days before we left, that I got hurt, and I did!"

"How do you remember your dream?" I ask, desperate for answers.

"It just kinda, came to my mind. Out of no where." Lucy states. "But I didn't get physically hurt from the dream like you."

"Are you sure you're okay, Y/n." Levy asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine, but I have to go, Erm, make dinner." I excuse myself, then run home.

••• (Home) •••

I stare in the mirror that was in front of me. I looked as if i hadn't slept or washed in days. 'What's going on with me!'

I wash off my face, hoping the memory may come back if I relax. Then I brush through my hair. I stare at myself again, then my head starts to throb.

"Damn!" I grunt. "Not again."

I lean on the door, but no more pain came. Only my headache.

'"Goodbye, Daughter."'

"Father!" I cry out. "The dream. It was YOU."

I remember everything. I went to battle my dad. He kills me in the end, and Natsu watches the whole thing happen.

"Y/n? You in the bathroom?" Natsu calls.

"Yes! I-I'm fine. Be there in a second!" I yell back, calming myself.

I look in the mirror once more, then leave the room.

"What's wrong?" Natsu asks, rushing to my side.

"What?" I mumble.

"Y-you're crying. What's wrong!?" I stare into Natsu's eyes, but all I see is concern and love.

"I...I didn't know I was crying." I breathe. "It's fine, Natsu! Don't worry!" I smile, and try to convince Natsu to leave me be.

"Okay, as long as you say so." Natsu's eyes show disbelief, and I don't blame him. I'm a horrible liar.

"Oi. I'm going to go to bed. I'm pretty pooped." I joke.

I lie in my bed, and try to sleep. After an hour, I feel the bed shift and turn over. Natsu lay by my side, so I cuddle into his chest. I draw a heart on his chest with my fingerS, then drift into a slumber.

That same dream.

It keeps playing over in my head!

Am I going. . . . to die?

"Y/n! Y/N! WAKE UP!"

I open my eyes, and feel the warm tears streaming down my face, and taste the fresh blood from my tongue. My head throbbed from crying.

"Natsu?" I mumble. "Sorry, another nightmare. I'm okay! I promise."

He nods, too tired to argue, and I sleep again.

'"Y/n! WHAT DID YOU DO!? YOU BASTARD!" Natsu screams.

"You can't defeat me." Father growls. "Not even with . . . . your anger."

As I lay, dying, I watch my dragon fight against my father. I watch.

I watch my dragon, die.