Chapter Ten

Natsu's POV:

Everything is quiet. I can see  others yelling out to me but I can't hear them. I was in complete shock.

"Natsu! NATSU!" Lucy calls out. I return to reality.

"Can. . . Can I see her?" I breathe.

"Of course." Wendy whispers.

I walk slowly into Y/n's room, tears falling from my eyes. 'God, I'm such a freaking cry baby. What happened to me?'

I hit my hand on a chair and sit down. My eyes wander to Y/n's limp body. 'She's dead, Natsu. There's nothing you can do to bring her back. It's all my fault. She saved me.'

I touch Y/n's hand, feeling her cold skin just made me feel worse. I wiped some hair out of her face and take in her beautiful features. Features that I will never see full of life again.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. It should have been me that died, not you." I whisper. "I'll never stop loving you, not even after you've died. I'll join you someday, and we'll be together. I'll live for you. I'll live for you and I'll fight for Fairy Tail forever. I won't fail you, I'll keep my promise. I'll find Shaeliea for you, I'll tell her what happened."

My voice cracks so I stop talking to calm down. 'There's nothing you can do! You have to deal with it okay!?'

"Natsu." Lucy hugs my back. "I'm sure she misses you too."

"I kn-ow." I stop again. 'STOP CRYING YOU CRYBABY!'

"It's not your fault either. Natsu,"

"It is my fault Lucy! That blast was supposed to hit me! I was the one who was supposed to die, not Y/n. Look at her. I didn't stop her from leaving, I didn't kill her father. It's all my fault, Lucy." I snap.

Lucy stares at me for a moment then looks down. I felt bad for snapping at her but I can't accept that Y/n's death was not my fault. I know it is, is obvious. I'm sure that she's only saying it's not my fault to make me feel better but it Wont work.

"Okay." She whispers. "I understand that's how you feel."

I nod and go back to holdin Y/n's hand. 'I'll never, ever, stop loving you, Y/n. That's my promise to you.'

{{{ Y/n's POV: }}}

I open my eyes and stretch. 'How long have I been asleep?'

"Y/n! Y/n!" I hear someone calling out my name.

"Yes~?" I sing out.

"Why are you here? What happened!?" I turn around.

"What do you mean? Why am I here? What happened? I'm where I've always been, where's Natsu?" I growl.

"Who's Natsu?"

"My boyfriend. Where is he?"

"Y/n! You're DEAD. It's me, Charlotte."

"No. No way, I can't be dead." I whisper. "C-Charlotte? Tell me I'm not dead."

I was crying now. Charlotte was my exceed, but she died of a sickness right before I met Natsu.  It was dark, light had just started flooding the room.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I wish I could meet Natsu, and I wish that you were still with him." Charlotte says. She crashes into me as I'm crying. We hug for a long time, and I pull away.

"Is there anyway for us to get back? Any way at all?" I whisper.

"No, I don't think so. . ." Charlotte's voice fades to nothing as she thinks. "Well, Y/n. There actually might be a way for you to-"

"Both of us." I snap.

"For us, to get back. But it'll require something that will haunt you for the rest of your life, that's why no one here has done it. You see, you're not fully dead. You haven't accepted death, so you haven't gone to heaven or hell, you're stuck in between, like me. There may be a chance." Charlotte says.

"I'll risk it. I'll do whatever I have to do. You'll come too?"

"Of course, I'll come back." I smile. 'Natsu, I'm coming back.'

'I'll never leave you again Natsu. That's my promise, I'll never leave. I'll stay with you forever.'