Chapter Six

Y/n's POV:

I wake up, holding onto a scarf. 'Natsu...I'm so happy!'

I carefully untangle myself from Natsu's embrace and scarf, then walk over to my dresser. I pull out a F/c crop top and S/f/c shorts. I wear flats and put my H/c locks into a ponytail.

I grab Natsu's usual outfit from his drawer, then lay it on the bed. I walk into the kitchen to make breakfast. I glance at Natsu and smile.

'I'm so lucky. I can't believe I even felt the same way he does. All the years I've spent becoming close to him, my best friend. It turned into love.' I think to myself. I grin like an idiot.

"Natsu?" I call, trying to wake him up.

"Hmmmm?" He groans. "Five more minutes."

"I'm making breakfast. Get dressed and in here before I'm finished or you don't get any!" I call back.

I wait a few minutes then hear Natsu falling out of bed. I laugh to myself, then finish breakfast. "I'm don--" I'm cut off by a kiss.

Natsu hugs me and pulls me tight into his kiss, then releases and i rest my head on his chest. "Morning, Y/n."

"Good morning, Natsu." I smile into his chest. "Ready to eat?"

"ALWAYS!" Natsu yells, then runs to the table. "Feed me Y/n! FEED ME!"

"Aye Sir!" Happy comes in the window.

"OI! Happy! Welcome back!" I say, smiling.

I guess I never really noticed that Happy doesn't live with us, since he's here half the time. He lives with Lisanna, because she lives alone. Since Natsu and I live together, another person...or exceed, would have been uncomfortable.

"Aye! Natsu? Why are you drooling?"

I laugh until I cry. Natsu had spaced out and was now drooling. "NATSU! D-DISGUST-ING!" I gasp.

"AHH!" He yells, wiping his mouth.

"Idiot!" I scold, then laugh.

•••Timeskip to the guild •••

"Hey Y/n! Natsu! Come to get a job?" Lucy asks as we walk in. Lucy now had a part time job at the guild, since she couldn't go on jobs as much as she wants. Mira helps her out a lot!

"Yep! What do you have?"

"Well, I think this one would be good...I have it in mind. But first, let's get you two fed and Y/n, we still have our girl day out!" Lucy says, pointing to Erza, Levy, and herself. 'Crap! I forgot all about that!'

"Right! Okay, we'll come back to the job after our day out. Natsu, I'm going to be with Levy, Erza, and Lucy all day, so stay here, eat, and try not to cause to much trouble!" I order. Natsu nods then walks to his 'friends.'

••• Timeskip to the market •••

"Let's go clothes shopping!" Levy calls, running towards our favorite shop.

"Ok!" Erza, Lucy, and I call back.

I have the best friends in the world. All very strong mages, super sweet, and just like me! I love them so much!

••• Thmeskip to the lake •••

The four of us make our way to our lake. We had come here all the time when Lucy had first joined the guild. We almost never have the chance to come here now, so this was nice. We all sit on a log that we had crafted into a bench.

"So, you and Gajeel! When are you going to go out!" I almost yell at Levy. Her face instantly goes red and she turns away.

"W-we don't even like e-each other!" She stutters. "S-so, Erm, w-were not going to go o-out!"

"Levy~! It's so obvious! You two like each other! You hang out all the time! And~" Lucy sings. "I saw you two holding hands a few days ago."

Erza and I gasp and look at each other, then at Levy. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US!" We both shriek.

"A-alright." Levy whispers. "I'll tell you the truth."

We all close into a small circle.

"Gajeel and I have been a couple for a while now." She confesses. We all squeal and hug her.

"You know you can trust us right! You could have told us!" Erza says.

"I wasn't sure if you were ready though." Levy says, embarrassed.

"I'm so happy for you!" Lucy and I squeal. I look at her. "STOP COPYING ME! STOP! HEY!"

We all laugh at how we say the words completely in sync. I was so happy to have Natsu, Lucy, Erza, Levy, and Happy. They were all my family, like all of Fairy Tail.

••• Time skip to the Guild •••

"Lucy! We need that job!" Natsu says, walking over to us. I giggle at the food he had in his hand.

"Okay! I'll get the flyer, you two get a table!" Lucy says, walking off.

We walk to a table in the corner of the room, then sit. I wonder what job it'll be this time, so I squeal with excitement. Lucy sits down with us, a serious look on her face.

"Y/n, Natsu. This job is extremely dangerous, okay? So if you choose it, be extra careful." She starts. I gulp. "You will travel to the dark forest, on Teymor Island, an abandoned island. [A/n: that's made up, so Teymor Island isn't in the actual show!] An empty asylum that used to be home to many of the darkest wizards is there. Inside, there is believed to be one of the darkest wizards of all time, Grayten (L/n)." My heart stops.

Grayten L/n. My father.

"The job is to retrieve him, give him to the council. The catch, however, is that he has a demon protecting the asylum. A very, VERY, powerful demon. I know you two are capable of this, so, are you taking it or not?"

"N--" Natsu starts to decline, to protect me I'm sure.

"Yeah. We're in." I say firmly. "We will head out in a week."

Natsu looks at me with worry. I nod at him and hold his hand. Lucy looks at us once more.

"One more thing." She says. I smirk and Natsu gets 'all fired up' as she tells us the last detail.

"This is an S-Class mission."