Chapter Seven

Y/n's POV:

"An S-class mission! Won't you get fired or something!" I snarl at Lucy.

"I think you two are ready for it. And if I get fired I don't really care, I'm sure anyone would take me for a worker!" Lucy says, giving a thumbs up.

"Ok. We'll still take the job. And we'll leave in about a week, is that okay?" I  say.

"I'll keep it for you guys! Take as much time as you need, not many people will take this job."

••• (Home) •••

"Are you insane!? What if you get hurt!? You aren't as trained as I am!" Natsu scolds.

"It's not about power Natsu! I chose to go and if you aren't coming with me, then stay home!" I yell back.

"Y/n, please! Don't go." He says. I swallow, then shake my head.

"I'm going, you're staying I presume."

Slowly, Natsu nods his head. Usually he would take this job in a second, and I'm not sure why he won't this time.

"I'm sorry, Natsu. I really need to do this, not just for the money, for myself." I softly kiss Natsu's lips and walk away.

I go into the bathroom and stare into the mirror.

'I have to defeat him. No matter what this takes, I'll go all out and take him down. Lucy said this is an S-Class job, so I have to think this through before I go. Ugh. I'm overthinking, I just need to relax.'

I stare into the mirror and wash my face off. "Damn." I growl. My head starts to throb.

I sit down, holding my head and bringing my knees to my chest. I grimace at the pain. "The hell?"

"Y/n? Are you ok!?" Natsu yells through the door. "Open up!"

"I-I can-can't, N-Natsu!" I stutter back. "H-help m-me."

I try to stand up but my legs are numb and I can't move. I was scared, because Natsu can't get in here and if I die or something, I want him to be with me.

I hear banging on the door, then it slams open. I was crying from the pain and rolled into a ball on my sides, still holding my head.

"Y/n!" Natsu yells and drops to my side. "You're ok, you're ok. It's alright now." He smiles down at me.

I squirm into his arms and let him hold me. Now, I'm okay. I smile up at Natsu, and he cups my cheeks with his colder hands.

"You have a fever, Y/n. And we all know how bad it gets when you have fevers." He smiles sadly. It felt like a flu when I got fevers, but they lasted a day or two.

"Let's get you to bed." I smile and Natsu picks me up.

"T-thank you." I stutter. "I love y-you."

"I love you too, Y/n. I always have, and always will."

"F-forever?" I whisper, looking into Natsu's eyes.

"Forever." He leans down and meets his lips with mine, forgetting the risks of getting sick.

••• (Morning) •••

"Natsu!?" I call, waking up. My headache was gone and I could breathe. 'Oh god.'

I run into the bathroom and throw up. "Ugh." I groan.

{{{Natsus POV;}}}

I walk to the bathroom after hearing Y/n's groans. I pull back her (H/c) locks and make a braid.

"You okay?" I ask, kissing Y/n's head.

"Y-yeah, I think so. Just sick." She replies.

"I made breakfast." I state proudly.

I help Y/n up and help wash her face. She was bright red from her fever, and burning up. She looks up at my as I wash her forehead.

"I love you, you know."

"And I love you too, Natsu."

••• (Guild) ••• (Natsus POV still)•••

"Y/N'S SICK! UGH I NEED TO GET TO YOUR HOUSE NOW!" Lucy yells at me.

"Woah! Calm yourself Lucy-chan!!" I say. Lucy slams her hand onto the table and rushes out of the guild.

"She'll never learn, will she." I groan to the boys.

••• (Home) ••• (Y/n's POV:) •••

I was sleeping soundly, until I heard four pounds on my door and a yell. "LET ME IN Y/N!"

It's Lucy. I just want to sleep, is that so wrong!? I slowly get up and walk to the door. Opening it, I smile at Lucy.

"Hey." I spit out. "What do you want."

"YOU ARE SICK SO I HAD TO COME!" Lucy yells, leading me into my room again and then rushing to the kitchen. "I'M GOING TO MAKE SOME TEA!"

I laugh, and slowly doze off again.

••• (Night time) •••

I am awoken to a slight shaking on my shoulder. I open my eyes and meet Natsu's beautiful orbs.

"Time for dinner, Y/n. Do you need help getting up?" He smiles at me.

"Yes, please. Thank you." I mumble back. I sit to eat Natsu's soup and laugh. "I never knew you could cook."

Natsu's face goes pale and I giggle. "Let me guess, Lucy?"

"Y-yeah. Lucy helped me cook because I burn everything." Natsu sighs. "I like fire though!"

Again, I giggle and finish my dinner.

"Y/n?" Natsu asks.

"Yes?" I answer, lying in my bed.

"Are you still going on the job?" Natsu's eyes were full of worry.

"Yes. Natsu, I know you don't want me to go, but I have to! I don't know what to say if you don't understand." I breathe.

"Okay." Natsu whispers, I lean into his chest. I smile and kiss Natsu.

"Don't get me sick, Y/n!" Natsu jokes, playfully punching my arm.

I lie down, snuggled into Natsu's warm chest. He puts his arm around me, pulling me closer. I smile, and slowly fall into a dreamless sleep, only one thing on my mind. I couldn't get it out of my mind, and I didn't know why.

A repeated vision of me, falling to my death by the hands of my father. The same thought playing over and over. The same words.

'I'm going to die by my father's hand.'