Chapter Thirty-Seven

Natsu X Reader 37

Y/n's POV:

Lucy returned to me with a damp cloth, she sat next to me with a smile and wiped away my still-flowing tears. I don't know what I ever had done to deserve a friend like her, Erza as well. I had never done anything, really, that would make them want to do this. That would make them want to help me. They were doing this out of kindness. I didn't realize why they wanted to help me of course. I just come to them with my problems, always relying on them to help me, yet never help them in return. I had only realized that when Lucy returned to me with that rag. She was going to clean me up and take me home. Then she'd do all the work I should be doing while I sit and feel pity for myself. Hell no.

"You don't need to help me." My voice came out loud and stern. The only thing anyone could hear in the dead silence. "It's not like I deserve it, nor have I earned it. I don't need pity. I'm just a bother, right? And if you just deal with my problems I leave you alone until I need your help again. I'm pathetic. I never help you, I only rely on you. You don't have to help me anymore. You don't have to deal with me."

The room continued to stay silent for another five minutes. Then suddenly I felt a sting on my cheek. The feeling was quite familiar so it didn't hurt, however shock rushed through me.

"How the hell could you think like that? We've been here for you the moment we met you. You have been there for us every time we needed help. Every mission, every heartache, every injury. You shed tears with and for us. You laugh with us. You fight with us, and against us. No matter what we have been there for you and you have been there to help us the same. How dare you say that?"

It didn't take me long to put together all the pieces. Erza had slapped me, to knock sense into me with actions. Then knocked sense into me through her words. It was all true, however. The way she said everything makes perfect sense. Yet I continued to doubt it. I knew damn well not to, yet did anyway. I stayed silent, however, almost frightened to speak anymore.

I stood up and walked towards the door. Lucy was staring at me with concern, tears jerking at her eyes. I looked at her first, then towards Erza, whom's fist was clenched and teeth were grinding. I muttered out a few quiet words before slipping away. "I'll be at my house."

Once I had left, more tears began flowing. I was so weak at that moment. Never had I been so lost before. So much was going on. My feet ended up taking me straight to the job board. I ended up selecting a decent paying job and leaving the guild, pulling Emm and Kasumi away with me. As we left the guild, I looked at each one of them repeatedly, yet no one spoke. The silence caused me to clench the job request tightly and crumple the originally straight sheet.

"Mom?" Kasumi's sudden word startled me.

"Yes." My voice was quiet and scratchy.

"What was it like when you first joined Fairy Tail? What made you join?"

Memories flooded through my head, the simple questions reminding me of my child years. A single smile forced itself onto my face. The feeling was odd and sent a warm feeling through my body.

"Natsu, Erza, and Gray found me. I had been abandoned by my mother, Shaeliea, my dragon." I looked down at Kasu, grinning. "Natsu took me back and we got to know each other really well. It was him that made me want to join. The amount of fun everyone had in the guild, how close everyone was. I saw how much everyone cares about everyone. Fairy Tail is a family, and I was lacking that. They took me in and I became a stronger wizard. I stayed with Natsu and Happy, did jobs with them and eventually I fit in just as well as everyone else. We're just as rowdy now as we were then. We had fun and relied on each other like we still do. We protected everyone the way we do now. The list is endless-"

"Mom. What did you just say?"

"What?"

"Right after the rowdy part."

"That we had fun and relied-"

"You just admitted it mom."

My eyes widened and my heart sped up. It hadn't dawned on me that Kasu knew about my conversation with the girls, however he just opened my eyes more than anything. I just admitted it. I was an idiot. I was pathetic, weak, stupid. Yet, I just admitted everything. I knew that it was all true, everything Erza had said, but refused to accept it because I was being a brat. I stopped walking, froze in place. I dropped my job request, lifted my hand and smacked myself.

"WHA" Emm's confused voice choked out a third of his word.

"MOM!?"

A giggle emerged from my parted lips. This giggle was followed by a loud chuckle, which resulted in a sudden spell of laughter. Emm and Kasumi joined in the gay moment. When I slightly lifted one of my previously closed eyelids, I was greeted with the sight of my two boys genuinely laughing. The beautiful moment was one I never forgot, even if I had tried. How could I?

For it was the very last time the three of us ever laughed together.

-

-

-

A/N: I PUBLISHED THESE IN THE WRONG ORDER. I POSTED THIS CHAPTER BEFORE 36 SO IF YOU HAPPENED TO READ THIS ONE FIRST GO READ THAT ONE AND ITLL MAKE SENSE IM SORRRRY

I apologize for the short chapter! I wanted to get this out soon and cut it short so you'd at least have /something/ to read. Anyway thank you guys for reading I love you all!!

-M