Chapter Twelve

A/N: Hey there, Y/n! Well my story now has over 1k views and  I'm about to die! Thank you so much for the support and if you can, leave a suggestion for who I should do an X Reader for, someone  in Black Butler or Aot or Fairy Tail plz! Love you, ~Maddie

Y/n's POV:

I fell asleep shortly after the incident with the mirror last night. Natsu had stayed up later than me but I felt him get into the bed next to me.

"Natsu?" I call out. I look beside me at the empty spot Natsu had been in.

"Yes?" A wave of relief went through me as Natsu appears from the bathroom. His hair was wet, and he was wearing a towel.

"I didn't know where you were at, that's all. Good morning!" I smile over to Natsu. My head was throbbing, but I didn't mind it. I knew that it was because of where I hit it on the wall. 'Damn. It's only getting worse.'

••• (Guild) •••

"Y/n! What happened to your head?" Lucy meets me outside, no one else in the guild knew that I was still alive.

I woke up late last night, so everyone in the guild was either asleep or went home. I tug at the bandage that was around my head.

"I slipped in the bathroom, I was tired and careless. It's fine, lets go surprise everyone!"

Natsu comes up behind me and kisses my cheek. "You're going to get me food too, right?"

"Of course, Natsu. You won't shut up about it if I don't." I joke. "Now let's go!!"

Lucy opens the door and steps aside. Natsu walks in first, and everyone starts to look away, until I run in. I run as fast as I can and jump onto Natsu's back.

"I'm back!" I scream.

Everything was silent for a moment, but then everyone started moving, they mostly ran up to us and hugged me. I heard my name being screamed a lot too.

"Y/N!" Levy and Erza start to push through the crowd (not really push because everyone moves for Erza.)

"Hey where's Charlotte and Happy?" Natsu asks from under me. I point to the two Exceeds and laugh.

"This is Charlotte, she's like Happy." I say.

••• (Home) •••

After hours of talking and being hugged to death, Natsu and I go back home.

"I'm making dinner, Y/n. Lucy taught me a meal!" Natsu calls.

"Okay! I'll be drawing!"

Drawing was something I was alright at. It made time fly though, so that was nice. I wouldn't say I was great at drawing, but the more I practice the more I get better.

After an hour or so, Natsu calls me to the kitchen. I walk in and sit at the table. "What did you cook?" I ask.

"Soup! It's my first time trying so it's probably bad." Natsu replies. I laugh at his comment, then eat. His soup was actually pleasant.

••• (Job) ••• (Two weeks Later) •••

I was in the middle of fighting, I was about to go into the basement of an abandoned manor, which was now a dark guild.

I run into the basement, water was on the floor. I heard three drips over and over again. 'Drip. Drip. Drip. Wait ten seconds. Drip. Drip. Drip.'

I'm ankle deep I water before I see him. Kasumi Nekoe (A/N: made up character) the boy I was sent to rescue.

"Kasumi?" I call out. "Kasumi Nekoe? That's you, right?"

"Help." That's the only response I get. "Help, please."

I run towards the small boy, he was probably eight. I'm almost three feet from him when I'm tripped.

I look into the water and see that same, bloody faced father staring at me. I yelp, trying to stand back up. When I manage to get to my feet again, I carefully run through the water.

My hand reaches the bands that held Kasumi's hands together. I cut them with my small knife, then help the boy up. His hair was black, and his eyes a bright green. His eyes held a sorrow, and he looked a little older now that I was closer.

"Who are you?" Kasumi says.

"My name is Y/n, I'm here to take you home." I smile at the young boy. "Here, get on my back.

Kasumi climbs onto my back, then lies his head down. "Thank you."

"How old are you, Kasumi?" I ask.

"I'm ten, my birthday is tomorrow. I counted the days, every year."

"How long have you been here?"

"Six years. My father sold me to them."

"B-but he's the one who sent me after you, to help you. Was it not someone else?"

"He'll make you take me away. Sell me off again, I know it." Kasumi's grip tightens on my shoulder. 'I'll make sure he doesn't hurt you, Kasumi.'

"You'll be okay, I promise."

••• (Kasumi's father's house.) •••

"Who is it." A voice calls as I knock.

"Y/n. The one who took the job request, I made it back with your son." I call back.

"Enter."

The red walls were ugly, the way there was almost no decor on them. The cream curtains were opened and a white light shines into the room.

"Kasumi." The man says. "What an ugly name. Your mother gave it to you, and after she passed away I sold you. Now that you're back, I can sell you off again."

I glare at the back of the man's head. Kasumi grabs my hand, which I hold tightly.

"You're not selling him off." I growl. "If you want him gone so bad then I'll take him home with me. I'll take care of him."

"Interesting offer, alright. You take that annoying brat out of my sight and I'll pay you."

Kasumi tries to get closer to me still, but I stand completely still. 'Well, so much for asking Natsu.' I storm out of the office, back home.

••• (Home) •••

"Y/n? Is that you? How'd the job go?" Natsu's sweet voice welcomed me home.

"Yeah! The job was interesting, and, you sleep with me every night, right?"

"Uh, I mean yeah, but why?"

"Well, come here. Someone will be using your room for a long while."

Natsu's head peaks out from around the corner. The rest of his body was infront of me soon, his eyes were full of curiosity.

"Who's this?"

"Kasumi Nekoe. He was the boy i was sent to rescue, but his father was going to sell him off. I . . . I took him in, he's our child now." I mumble. "Sorry about not asking you."

"It's alright, Y/n. Well, nice to meet you, Kasumi Nekoe, I'm Natsu. I guess I'll be kind of like your father now!" Natsu smiles, and Kasumi returns a tiny grin.

'Well, what an interesting family. . .'