Chapter Twenty-Nine

Natsu X Reader 29

White. I was surrounded by white. I squinted my eyes. It was too bright to see anything. I closed my eyes and opened them again. It took a couple times, but I could see again.

"Hello?" I choked out. My voice was basically gone.

My eyes adjusted more to where I was at. I recognized it as the Fairy Tail guild Infirmary.

"Hello!?" I tried again.

I couldn't move, at all.

"HELLO?!"

I finally managed to get myself up off the bed. I fell a couple times but I ran. I ran until I got to the door.

"NATSU!"

There was only silence. Only the light from the moon was shining in through the windows. I opened the door.

"Natsu-"

Then I fell. After running into someone.

"Y/n!?"

"Natsu."

Then it all went black.

•••

"It's all the power. It's all catching up with her after the flashes. She'll be okay to leave today, but we have to watch her. She won't last long like this alone."

"So now you're telling us we have to be together."

"What do you mean?"

"I know you made her break up with me. It could have been for my safety or whatever, but I don't care. I love her. I'm never going to let go of her."

"Nat. . .su." My voice was weak, I was weak.

"Y/n!" His worried voice greeted me. "Oh. God, I thought you were done for."

He had tears in his eyes. He smiled widely as I sat up. I smiled at him.

"Come here." I said quietly. He grabbed me. I hugged him as tight as I could, I had missed him.

"You're burnt." He said as I grunted.

"I'm fine. How's Kasumi, Charlotte? And Happy of course. Lucy, Erza, Levy?"

"They're all fine. They miss you. Lucy's really worried about you." Natsu informed me. I nodded.

I went to stand up, but I heard two laughs and got tackled.

"Y/N!" The two screamed.

"Charlotte, Happy." I smiled. "How are you two? It's been a while."

"Yeah! A long, three months, while." Charlotte said quickly and quietly.

"Three months?" I breathed.

"Yeah, Y/n. Why do you think you aren't as injured? Only sore now I suppose." Natsu said.

"THREE MONTHS!?" I yelled. "WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME, NATSU?"

"Y/n, quiet down. It's fine." Natsu said. "I didn't tell you because you never asked."

I looked down at Charlotte who looked sad. She looked sad, but also happy.

"Sorry I yelled." I said quickly. "So, who wants to eat?"

"FOOD!?" Natsu yelled and ran out the door.

"Of course." I sighed and rubbed my head. I started to get up and go, but my stomach turned and I had to run to the bathroom. I threw up and then starred to the ceiling. Natsu walked in and helped me.

"You alright?" He smiled at me.

"Yeah, it. . .it must be from me being gone for so long." I whispered.

Natsu stared at me. "Yep!" He smiled widely. "Let's go get some food!"

"Alright." I said as he helped me up. "So what's happened since I was knocked out?"

"Not much. Everyone's been worried about you." Natsu said. He didn't seem too upset about everything.

"Well you can't doubt me, I'm always back aren't I?" I smiled.

"Yeah, always." He laughed.

"Y/N!" I heard all my friends tell to me at once.

"Oh no-"

All of them hugged me at once, Lucy just about killed me. "Oh, I've missed you. I never doubted you, though!" She smiled.

"Hey, guys. Sorry I've taken so long!" I laughed.

"Just don't take as long next time." Erza smiled to me.

"No problem there." I said quickly.

We walked over to Mira and ordered some food. We were just chatting for a while. We ate quickly, considering we were all hungry.

"I spend a lot of time on that bed, don't I?" I laughed. Everyone nodded as they continued eating.

I heard the guild doors swing open and heard two pairs of feet running. I stood and turned around to see who it was. Kasumi and Emm. They both were running with tears in there eyes, the eyes that widened when they saw me smile at them. I started to walk to them, then kneeled down for them to hug me. Kasumi broke down and started crying. Emm hugged me tight.

"Hey guys." I said quietly.

"MOM-" Kasumi yelled, muffled, into my shoulder. I smiled at him.

"Still up to your schemes, Y/n?" Emm smiled.

"You know it."

•••

Natsu and I took Kasumi and Emm back to the house. When I walked in, it was empty. Nothing was there. I looked to Natsu.

"Natsu?" He stared at the ground, frowning.

"I couldn't pay the rent. I had to move the stuff out. So they wouldn't take it." He breathed.

"Oh, Natsu." I ran up to him and hugged him. I held my salamander. "It's okay."

Kasumi and Emm hugged him too. That's when an idea struck me.

"Hey, there's a cabin, it's broken down and abandoned, but we could fix it up. We could fix it and then live there!" I  said quickly. "It's in the woods, but closer to the guild."

"How do you know about this place? It's not somewhere you've gotten hurt, right?" I looked down.

"I got hurt before I went to the cabin." I said quietly. "But it'll work. It really will. It's cozy."

"Okay, okay! Let's do it!!" Natsu said and hugged me. So we went to get our stuff, for a new house awaited.