Chapter Twenty-Six

Natsu X Reader 26

Y/n's POV:

I left the small cabin and walked along a path. I wasn't sure where I was going but it was peaceful. I heard birds singing and frogs in the grass. I smiled and hummed a tune to myself.

A bunch of shit just keeps happening to me, but I have Natsu and Kasumi. My friends, too. I kept walking for a while till I got to a small stable. I grinned at the horses that were held there. One was a beautiful golden colour. I looked closer and the horses looked half starved. I could see a very light rib cage.

"Are you hungry, girl?" I whispered. I looked at the other two horses. "And you two also?"

I went and gathered as much berries and long grass as I could. I split it as evenly as possible then remembered the carrots and apples I so loved that I brought with me.

"How about some of these too." I smiled weakly.

I decided to wait for a while to see if the owners of the stable would come back. I walked on the Trail a little further down to see if they had a house close by.

I spotted a small cabin and ran up to it. Knocking on the door, I looked through the small window next to it. 'My god.'

I slammed myself into the door. Once. Twice. The third time the door slammed down and I ran inside.

"HELLO!?" I screamed out. "IS ANYONE ELSE HERE?"

I walked past a person who lay on the floor, dead I'm sure. It made me cover my nose and I couldn't bring myself to look at the woman.

"W-Who's there." A man's voice came from upstairs.

I walked over to the steps. "YO, YO! HEY PUT THAT DOWN!" I yelled out as the man held a knife, pointed to me. He started slowly walking down the steps.

I turned around and tripped over my own feet. "DAMN!" I got myself up and ran as fast as I could. "But why the hell did my magic not work?"

I made my way back to the horse stable an let two out. I finally got to the golden one and let her out too. "Can I ride you, girl?" I asked as I pet her.

I swung my leg over her than grabbed the other two horses. I rode with the three back to my cabin. I tied the two up and then got back on the golden one.

"I'll be back soon you two." I whispered then left to go get Natsu.

•••

"NATSU! NATSU! HEY WHERE ARE YOU!?" I yelled as I neared our house.

"He's not here."

'Holy Shit. No way!'

"I see you found my stables? Now look, I wouldn't have to do anything if you hadn't of seen my wife. But since you did, I have to kill you now." The man from the house stood in front of me.

"Hey, calm down!"

All of the sudden a huge surge of magic power went through me. Lightning quickly surrounded me and the man. Everything within  ten yards of me was struck by the Lightning. I flew back off the horse and onto the ground below. The air was knocked out of me. 'What just happened?'

The man lay on the ground, unconscious. I looked at the horse but she looked unharmed. I stood up slowly, grunting at the pain. I tried to walk towards the horse and it worked, until I stepped onto my left foot. A pain shot through my leg from my ankle. I fell back down.

"OW! SHIT!" I looked to my ankle and it was completely bruised. "Well that sucks." I groaned to myself.

I stood myself back up and managed to hobble over to the horse. 'Where's Natsu?'

I yelled out as the man tackled me. 'When'd  he even get up?' I slapped my hand across his cheek and scrambled away from him. I tried to crawl as far away as I could but he managed to get to me anyway. He grabbed my injured ankle and I yelped.

I kicked and yelled, "Let go! Let go of me! UGh!"

I turned around onto my back and kicked him in the jaw with my right foot. He groaned by lunged up and pinned me down. I tried to get up but was lacking the strength. The man pulled the same knife from earlier out of his boot.

He held it over my chest, still managing to pin me down. I yelled out in defeat. He lifted the knife up, signaling that he was going to stab me. I tried and tried to shock him but my magic  wouldn't do anything. It was like I was completely out of power but I wasn't.

The knife met my chest but I felt nothing. I heard the man yell out. Then I felt a surge of power flow through me again. This time, I shocked myself. I screamed while the man ran, lightning struck him and he fell. I lay there, gasping for breath, aching all over. I felt blood drizzle down my head and from my nose. Then I remembered the stab.

It didn't cut through my chest. The Lightning started striking him before so it only sliced down my side. I groaned. There's no way I can get up.

That's when I heard the voice I never thought I would be so happy to hear.

"Y/n?" I looked behind me, sorta. "Y/N! WHAT HAPPENED!"

"Just. . .get me to the guild, Natsu." I gasped.

He saw the golden horse, that had been laying down the whole fight, and threw me on top of her.

•••

"I think she's awake. Get Natsu up, Wendy." Lucy's gentle voice welcomed me as I woke up.

"Y/N!" Natsu threw his arms around my neck as I laughed. "WHAT HAPPENED?!" He yelled.

"Hey, it's okay, hold on!" I laughed.

"It's NOT okay. Why are you so happy!?" Natsu snapped.

Then it struck me. Why am I so happy?

I frowned, then my stomach started hurting really bad. I groaned. I stood up, ignoring my side and ran as fast as I could outside. I threw up, but all it was blood. Natsu came out and patted my back.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." I groaned.

Then the pain from my side and ankle shot through my body. I let myself fall back and into Natsu's arms. "Let's go back inside, Y/n, then you can tell me what happened."

I nodded and leaned up. Natsu kissed my pale lips with his light pink ones. I smiled and hobbled back into the guild. Nate and Kami rushed up to help me as they saw us struggling.

I was happy I was back and nothing was really bothering me, until I suddenly remembered.

"My magic was out of control. I couldn't. . . I couldn't control it. And when it, I guess, used itself it was powerful. Way too powerful." I mumbled.

Master Makarov shot his head in my direction and walked straight to the infirmary. Once we arrived, he sat on a bed.

"Y/n, we need to talk. Alone." He ordered firmly.

'Oh god, what's going on?'

A/n:
Hello,
I'm so so sorry! I haven't updated in forever! I'm moving Monday and I met another one of my internet friends!
School starts Wednesday for me so I probably won't be able to update as much, but I'll try to as much as I can!

I wanted to make a plot twist but it may be a few chapters, SOO, I added a few lil horses that, unfortunately, won't really be part of the story. Every once in a while they'll show up but not much.
The golden one is in the next chapter too so I need a name.

Leave name ideas! I'll pick my favorite and give credit!

Thanks for reading! We're over 7.4k and hopefully, over 8k by school starts. I'll make sure to update a lot before school starts do bear with me!

I love you all. <3

Until next time!

~Maddie