T-72u Tank Battle

(Short chapter.)

Kaz:*Radio* "Snake! Wolf! That's an enemy tank unit. Either neutralize the soldiers or destroy the tank. Get 'em!"

The camera opens up to Snake and Wolf hiding behind a train car. Wolf rubs her soldier. Then She and Snake pull out their Mk22s.

Kaz:*Radio*"Neutralize that tank unit! You two can do it!"

Snake and wolf sneak around the train yard shooting the soldiers knocking them out.  Snake and Wlf knock out the soldiers and the tank spots Wolf. She runs just as the tank fire where she was. 

Wolf:"Shit!" 

The tank commander come out of the hatch on top of the tank. Wolf looks over to Snake and she points to the commander and he nods. Wolf stands up as the tank turret moves towards her.

Wolf:"Uh oh."

She starts to run around the train yard and a shell hits the ground close to her and she throw a few yards back. While that was happening snake was able to knock out the commander and fulton him. Snake then runs up to Wolf. Wolf sits up and she hears ringing. She sees Snake talking to her but she can;t hear him. Snake grabs her shoulders. 

Snake:"W...l Wo.. Wolf!" *The ringing stop.*

Wolf:"Stop yelling in my ear!"

Snake:*Sighs.* "Your okay." *He stands up and helps her up.*

Wolf:"It's gonna take more than a tank to kill me."

Snake chuckles and they head towards their objective.

Later.

Kaz:*Radio* "Snake, Wolf, the truck is headed up the mountain road past the tunnel."

Snake:*Radio* "So it was nukes after all."

Kaz:*Radio*"What now? Their main base is up ahead."

Wolf:*Radio*"We better hurry after 'em then."

Kaz:*Radio*"But.."

Snake:*Radio*"Kaz, if we don't get moving it'll be too late!"

Kaz:*Radio*"Alright. I guess you two never let dangerous assignments or risk aversion get in your ways."

Wolf:*Radio*"How do we get inside the mountain? We can forget about the tunnel."

Kaz:*Radio* "Yeah, the tank took care of that..."

Snake:*Radio*"Any other routes?"

Kaz:*Radio*"Why don't I let a local expert take over?"

Chico:*Radio* "Snake, Wolf, you two need a way into the mountain?"

Snake:*Radio*"Yeah. Got one?"

Chico:*Radio*"Let's see... You both remember that prison I was in?"

Wolf:*Radio* "In the village, right?"

Chico:*Radio* "Right. Go back to the village and head north. There's a bridge that connects to the mountain road. It crosses over a gorge. That's probably the best way... But there is a little problem. The path heading north from the village is barricaded. You might have to break through..."

Snake:*Radio*"Got it."

Chico:"The heart of Irazú...That's where the enemy's base has got to be, and maybe..."

Snake:*Radio* "Let me guess - the basilisco?"

Chico:*Radio*" You don't believe me, do you?"

Snake:*Radio*"No, I mean... We'll have to see."

Kaz:*Radio* "Snake, Wolf, Irazú features a number of crater lakes. The Oduber government had planned to use those lakes to construct hydroelectric plants as one of its big state development projects. The project was scrapped, but there's still a small opening at the bottom of the lake."

Wolf:*Radio* "Meaning?"

Kaz:*Radio* "I checked the satellite imagery, but didn't see anything man-made. Which means they've probably built a base inside the mountain... Could just be a stagare igloo for explosives, or maybe some kind of research facility."

Snake:*Radio* "What do they hope to accomplish by bringing the nukes there?"

Kaz:*Radio*"First things first. Get past that barricade north of the village.  Looks like the only way through is the noisy way - you'll have to blow it up."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                10-01-2021