Chapter 16: Three Years Later

Thomas' POV

It's been three depressing years without Jade. We already had the funeral a week after she died. It was a heart-breaking day. I remembered it like it was yesterday.

*FLASHBACK*

"And now, Thomas has a speech about Jade." Jade's father, Arthur said and went back to his seat.

I stepped up onto the podium.

"Hello, I am Thomas and I'm Jade's boyfriend. There are no words to describe how sad I, everyone are. Jade was a wonderful girl. She's always nice, caring, and helpful to everyone. She's talented, smart and beautiful. I have never met anyone like her. She was an angel to me, and probably to everyone. And her death, is all my faul-" I fell sobbing and Kaya and Dylan ran to comfort me.

I can see in the corner of my eyes that everyone started sobbing again.

I kept muttering, 'It was all my fault'. And Kaya just kept answering me by saying 'No it's not.'

I felt it was my fault. I didn't prevent Ashley from slamming Jade onto that wall. It was my fault. I could've saved her, but I didn't.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I was walking to a coffee shop to get coffee for me and the others since we all graduated last week and we're all staying at Will's apartment. Then, I saw a familiar head of blonde hair. I saw a little bit of her face and its....

No, it can't be..... can it?

I approached the girl who was getting her order. When I almost caught up to her, someone blocked my path.

"Hey Thomas buddy! How have you been?" A guy with a gruff voice said to me.

I looked up and saw that it was my old friend Samuel Henkins.

"Samuel?" I said.

"Yup! Long time no see aye? Now waccha lookin' at?" He said.

I looked over his shoulder and saw the girl gone.

"Um, nothing." I said.

"Oh well then. Good to see you mate. I'll be goin' now. Bye!"

"Uh bye!"

He walked out.

I ordered the drinks, got them and walked back to Will's place.

~•○•~

"There you are! Took a long time." Will said as I went in.

"Sorry, met an old friend."

"Oh, well hurry up then! Everyone's in the living room already." He walked away.

I walked with him to the living room. Everyone was sitting either on the couch or the floor.

"Alright! Caramel frapuccino for Kaya, white coffee for Will and me, milk coffee for Ki Hong, and cream coffee for Dylan." I said as I gave everyone their coffees.

"Thanks Thomas!" Everyone said.

"Your welcome." I sat on the floor with Ki Hong

"You know guys, I just saw the weirdest thing. I could've sworn I saw Jade at the coffee shop. Imagine! Seeing Jade again." I said as I laughed a little.

I thought everyone will laugh too, but they just looked at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I said.

"Jade? As in Jade Schmidt your girlfriend that you haven't moved on from?" Dylan said.

"That's one way to put it."

"You're just seeing things Thomas. She can't be alive. I think." Kaya said.

"You think?" Dylan said.

"Dylan, I don't think she can come back to life. We buried her already." Kaya said.

"Yeah, it's not like she went beyond the grave or something. Right?" Will said.

"Yeah, she's not a zombie guys." Ki Hong said.

"Yeah, not a zombie....." I said.

I still believe I saw her. I mean, who has that face other than her? But she's dead, I saw her body right before my eyes. It couldn't be Jade. Could it?

°▪°▪°▪°▪°▪°▪°▪°▪°▪°▪°▪°▪°▪°▪°▪°
I DOUBLE UPDATED! AND THE STORY JUST GOT INTERESTING! I think. So! I saw in the comment of the last chapter that SOMEONE (looking at her) said I was the next James Dashner. WELL call me whatever you want but this will end happily. Thank you so much for 1.58 K reads.

BYEEEE

thisisdita