Chapter 26: Dirty-Blonde Hair

SOSOSOSOSOSO sorry I haven't updated! My house has been having bad wifi and I was in Vietnam where the wifi isn't that good. Hope you like this chapter! Trying to be deep in this chapter.

Jade's POV

"How about we check the East side again?" Ki Hong pointed at the East side of the map.

It's been 4 days since Thomas ran away. We searched all over the island but no sign of him. It's a pretty small island, so I don't understand how we haven't found him yet.

Well he is the best in hide and seek out of all of us.

"I'm gonna get some fresh air." I said and walked through the back door.

I walked along the beach thinking about everything. Or maybe more specifically having an existential crisis.

I thought about Thomas. How much I missed him, how much it saddened me that he went missing angry at me, what would I do if we found Thomas. Would he believe me? Would he even listen to me?

I thought about Sam, and how much he's ruined my life. When 13 year old me moved schools to his, he bullied me, a lot. Then one day, when I was 15, he apologized and begged me for a second chance. I gave it to him stupidly. When I was 17, the abuse started. He hit, slap, smack and tried to rape me, as I said. I didn't know why he did that to me. But I still stayed with him. And as I said, I escaped from him, got amnesia.

I thought about family. Thomas' family to be exact. I never met them, but Thomas told me a lot about them. About his mom Tasha, his dad Mark, and his sister Ava. He seems to be very protective of Ava. And it's adorable how loving he sounds when he talks about her. He showed me pictures of them. He looks a lot like his mother. And Ava is a pretty girl.

Then I thought about my own family. How much I miss my parents, how sad I was that Ollie had to go through twenty years missing in search to come back to me while I forgot about him, how much I regret not asking my parents about the locked room next to mine at home that now I realized was Ollie's, how much I wanted to have a family of my own with Thomas and for him to meet my parents.

But that would never happen if we can't find Thomas.

I thought about marriage, children, the future. I wonder what would happen in the future. Will I get married? Have children? Grow old with someone?

All my questions can't be answered until we find Thomas. He's the key to my everything. No, he is my everything. I almost killed myself yesterday from how much I missed him. I probably overreacted. But my heart is begging to be in his arms again. I missed it. I missed how he smell of vanilla and cinnamon, how he radiates warmth when he hugs or cuddles me, how he does little gestures that always makes me smile and blush, how he makes me feel calm, comfortable, and safe.

Then the chorus of Avril Lavigne's 'I Wish You Were Here' rang through my head.

Damn, damn, damn, what I'd do to have you here, here, here

I wish you were here

Damn, damn, damn what I'd do to have you near, near, near

I wish you were here

It describes my feelings perfectly. I would do anything to have Thomas back. I know he's still in this island, but where? Is he okay? Is he still mad at me?

Suddenly I heard rustling in the bushes next to me.

"Hello?" I called out.

I walked closer and saw a little bit of dirty blonde hair peeking out.

I gasped, "Thomas?"

Then that person that I believed to be Thomas ran deeper into the forest, or jungle, well the woodland.

"Thomas!" I yelled and ran after him.

I kept running after him, but the bushes and the thick trees made it hard to see him.

"Thomas!" I yelled again.

I ran through a large bush and found myself in a patch of empty space. It was big enough for a campsite. I looked around but I don't see anyone or anything. I don't even see any of the bushes moving except for the one I just went through.

I looked around one more time and when I was certain I don't see anything else but bushes and trees, I went back to the house.

~•○●○•~

"Guys guys guys you're not gonna believe this!" I said as I came in.

"Did you find a unicorn next to a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?" Dylan asked jokingly.

I chuckled, "No, I think I found Thomas! I was walking along the beach when I heard rustling. I turned and saw a bit of his hair. I chased him for a while but I lost him. But on the brighter side, we know that he's alive and well!"

Everyone gaped at me.

"Are you sure its Thomas?" Kaya asked.

I nodded, "100%. Who else has dirty blonde hair?"

"I think we should search in that area then. Where is it?" Ollie asked.

"A few dozen meters that way." I said and pointed the direction I went.

"That leads to the East side. I told you we should search the East side again!" Ki Hong exclaimed.

"Alright alright, let's go!" Will said.

The boys stood up and went out.

"Kaya?"

She turned to me. "Yeah Jade?"

"This has been the craziest 5 years of my life."

She chuckled, "Mine too Jade. Trouble and drama has always found it's way to Thomas. He's very careful about the people he associates to after Ashley. But he let his guard down for you. It's adorable really. He gave up what he has done for 3 years for you. He did that just to be with you."

I blushed and looked down, "You think?"

"I know. He actually said it himself. And he said he's glad he did."

I sighed, "I just wish that, Sam didn't bother me. That way Thomas wouldn't have seen the text since it doesn't exist and he won't hide away. It saddened me that he's out there with a broken heart and we couldn't even find him. If we do find him, then there's the challenge of convincing him it was just a misunderstanding. "

"I'm sure he'll come to his senses soon."

The problem is, when is soon?