Chapter 27: Welcome Back

I have now just realized how cliché and boring this book is starting to be. I have the urge to rewrite all of the chapters. I cringe every time I read back. But hey! If Dan Howell doesn't delete or private his old videos, I won't rewrite my chapters.
(This chapter is sort of a filler because I have plans for the story. I hope it's not too soon. So, enjoy!)

Jade's POV

I quietly walked down the stairs in my robe, careful not to wake anyone up. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. I lowered the volume so no one will wake up. I changed the channel to MTV. It was playing 'Marry You' by Bruno Mars.

I made a mug of hot chocolate and looked out the window. The sun was just rising. I sighed. Then I heard the glass door that led to the beach open, then close.

I widened my eyes. I turned and saw Thomas. His clothes were a little dirty and ruffled and his hair was a mess.

"I figured you'll never do that to me." He said with a smile.

"Took you long enough." I chuckled.

He opened his arms, "C'mere."

I set my mug down and ran into his arms, crying. He smelt of coconut and seawater but his warmth was still the same.

He put his hands on both sides of my face, and wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"I'm sorry Jade. I shouldn't have fled." He said with guilt in his eyes.

I smiled, "It's okay, as long as you never do it again."

"I promise."

We kissed then hugged again, this time tighter.

I heard clapping from the stairs. Me and Thomas turned and saw the others all awake.

"About time mate." Will said to Thomas.

"Yeah, sorry if I made you lot worry." He said.

"Oh yeah, that reminds me. YOU MADE US WORRIED SICK THOMAS WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" Kaya shouted at Thomas.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry!" He said and raised his arms in defense.

Me and the others laughed.

"Now go clean up, you stink." I said and scrunched up my nose.

"Oh do I?"

He wrapped his arms around me from the back and placed sloppy kisses all over my face which made me laugh.

He stopped and went upstairs to our room.

"I'm glad he's okay." Ollie said and wrapped an arm around me.

I looked up at him and smiled, "Me too Ollie, me too."

~•○●○•~

The next day....

"There is no way in hell am I going to do that!" I exclaimed to Thomas.

"Awh c'mon Jade it's fun!"

"No Thomas! What if I fall onto a rock?"

"Have you not been here before?"

"No actually. My parents didn't tell me the island has a waterfall."

Yes, we were at the top of a big waterfall that I never knew even existed. Thomas was trying to convince me to jump. I just wanted to go down from the makeshift path and just get into the lake without any jumping involved. Thomas said earlier he wanted some alone time with me. So there we were.

"C'mon please? Here, I'll show you. You won't die Jade."

"No Thomas!"

He turned from me and jumped down. He hollered as he fell in with a huge splash!

I peered down, "Thomas? Are you dead?"

He finally emerged from the water. He looked up at me and grinned.

"See? You won't get hurt! I promise!" He said.

I pondered about it. I stepped back a bit, then ran and jumped. As I jump, everything went into slow motion. I could see the whole island from here. I could see the house at the far end, all the trees and the dock. Then I was engulfed by the water under the waterfall.

I emerged and took a whole gasp of air.

"See? I told you you won't get hurt." Thomas said as he swam to me.

"I, actually enjoyed that. Let's do it again!"

I grabbed his wrist and dragged him up the waterfall again.

"Eager are we?" He chuckled.

We got to the top and I held his hand.

"Run then jump?" I suggested.

"Run then jump."

We stepped back a few spaces and I held Thomas' hand tighter.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded.

"3... 2.... 1!"

We both ran and jumped together. We shouted as we jumped down and dove into the water.

I turned to Thomas as we emerged from the water. He turned to me then we both laughed with joy. He swam closer to me and wrapped me in a hug as we laughed. He cupped my cheeks and kissed me.

He caught me by surprise. But I eventually closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck. I gripped on his hair and deepened the kiss.

We both finally pulled away and just stared at each other.

"I love you Jade." He whispered and smiled.

I smiled back, "I love you Tommy."

"Now let's go back to the house shall we?"

I nodded.

We went back to the house and showered. That's when I realized, Sam.

When I was done, I joined the others who were eating lunch in the living room.

"Guys, now that Thomas' back, I remembered something."

"What?" Will asked.

"Sam."

Thomas narrowed his eyes, "Yeah, who is this Sam Jade?"

I explained to him what happened.

"Oh....."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Too soon? No? Just hope you're happy Tommy's back!

Thank you for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter.

BYEEEE

thisisdita