•t h i r t y•

"Yara, I want to see my son."

Jordan's voice was tired. From his end, he was stretched out on the couch, a photo of him and Yara tormenting him from the coffee table. He should've taken it down, but he couldn't bring himself to, he didn't think that they were over. Not like that and not so easily. Yara loved him, he knew that, and love didn't just go away.

"Jordan, of course you can see Jahi, but I think it's best we get some kind of agreement on paper honestly."

Her voice was cold and calculated. It had taken her two days to return his call. In the meantime, she and Quincy had spent more time together, mostly handling events, but Yara knew that it wouldn't stay that way. She didn't mind either, however, she needed to get her life sorted out.

She crossed her legs as she fixed herself at Amari's desk in his home office. On days when she didn't have to go in, she did her work here and spent time with her son. Giving a quick glance to Jahi, she smiled. The baby was occupied with his crib. Yara had learned that Jahi was a rather peaceful baby, once he ate and burped, he slept like there was no tomorrow. Sadly, the issue with him falling asleep so easily during her workday was that he kept her up all night some days.

"You want to go back and forth over custody Yara?"

She heard the hurt in his voice and rolled her eyes. That was not what she said.

"No, Jordan, I want us both to be in Elijah's life. However, after what transpired and how we are with each other. I think it's best to have a contract of how those visitations will work because I'm not trying to have any drama and Jahi deserves stability. You can't just drop in when you can or come and pop in when you want. I'll give you that same respect."

"You can also just talk to me, and we can work this out and be a family Yara."

He couldn't understand why she didn't even give him the chance to explain himself. Why wouldn't she talk to him?

"I'm talking to you now, about our son. There is nothing to work out between us Jordan. We have a child and that's who matters most. You and I are exactly that You and I, there is no we and there won't be we ever again. You cheated on me multiple times before and while I was pregnant with your child. You had sex with me while I was pregnant, knowing you were unfaithful and evidently not using protection. You put not only my health at risk but your son's as well so for God's sake Jordan for once, take your head out your ass and genuinely care about someone, Elijah. He deserves to have his father in his life. I had my lawyer draft up an agreement, she'll email it to you this afternoon."

"Wow Yara, you really are fucking cold. You never loved me , you couldn't have because if you did you could at least talk to me."

The accusation stung her. Immediately she felt her anger flare as she moved the phone away from her ear to stare at it before she exhaled.

"Jordan, if you believe that then you're a bigger fucking mess than I thought you were. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't have stuck around after the first time you told me you cheated. I wouldn't have said yes to marrying you. Love has limits Jordan and to continuously take advantage of the way a person feels about you is narcissistic and sick."

"Yara, can't you just.."

"Look out for the agreement in your email Jordan. Have a good day."

As soon as she hung up the phone, Yara took a second to breathe. Jordan ignited fury that her spirit had never known before. The fact that he couldn't own up to how he destroyed them aggravated her. She instantly felt sorry that Jahi would have to see the obvious chill between his parents. Nonetheless, she vowed to try her best to keep him away from it but promises were hard to make and keep.