•f o r t y f o u r•

"The flowers... the runner... dresses." Yara spoke to herself as she skimmed through the planner that was left out for her. Quincy may have taken their wedding out of her hands and put it in the arms of another great, but Yara still had final say. So far, everything seemed to be in order.

Still, she busied herself with going over it as a distraction from everything else. On the eve of her wedding, her mind shouldn't have been split in three different directions, but it was. Being in Los Angeles made her pensive and the fact that they'd planned the whole wedding to take place at the late Kim Porter's Toluca Lake Mansion made it worse. She was still recovering from Jahi while worrying about Quincy and battling her misgivings about being wife material.

The past two weeks were filled with legal hearings. A psychiatrist deduced that Mylin was still suffering from untreated postpartum depression that had veered into postpartum psychosis. She hadn't been in her right mind when she'd turned the water back on in the tub and left Jahi. She could plead insanity which meant that their cases could be lost if there was a sympathetic enough jury.  No one wanted that and Mylin didn't want to be scrutinized, after all, child neglect was a felony in Utah. So, due to Jordan's sympathy for his younger daughter Jayden, he'd talked Yara into a settlement.

Mylin would plead guilty to Child abuse as a class b misdemeanor. As a result, Jordan would now have primary physical custody of Jayden, while Mylin would go to a treatment facility for a year before serving a year of probation as she negotiated to avoid the six-month prison sentence by agreeing to pay a fine of $2,000.

Yara wasn't pleased with it, and neither were the lawyers that Quincy had assembled who wanted blood. So, along with Jordan's lawyers they furthered it and somehow found a way to paint Mylin as a potential danger to her own child, as a result her parental rights were suspended, and Jordan was given full custody of Jayden. It was ugly and quick, to think of it still made Yara sick. She couldn't fathom anyone ripping Jahi away from her, but Mylin had tried to in the most permanent sense. She'd almost killed Elijah and even though Yara knew mental health was a huge factor, she couldn't forgive that. Mylin would still be able to visit Jayden and be back in her life once she was evaluated, but, if Callie hadn't been there that day Yara may have never seen her son again.

Quincy had been her support through it all, but he was so busy this week she'd only see him early in the morning or late at night. She figured that this house was bittersweet for him and that's why he hadn't stopped moving since they'd arrived. Amari as always was his right-hand man and Payton who'd seemed to be a little less spirited than usual lately was a huge help to Yara.

This morning, Yara had woken up to Quincy's empty space in bed and ventured to the office of the estate to see if she could find him, instead she'd found the wedding plans and got stuck in them.

Her stomach suddenly rumbled, and she closed the book before she walked towards the kitchen where she overheard a chorus of voices. Denise, Gregory, Elizabeth, and Al were all chatting in excited tones. Elizabeth was flipping some pancakes onto a server while Al distributed plates and cups of orange juice. Elijah, always the calm, greedy soul , sat in Denise's lap while Gregory spoon fed him squash.

Whisking in, Yara delivered kisses to everyone's cheeks before she poked her son playfully. She readjusted her sweatshirt subconsciously before she sat next to Denise. She'd been wearing oversized clothes ever since their parents came in. She'd meant to tell them but so much had happened so quickly. She and Quincy were barely keeping everything together while managing her appointments. She wasn't showing very much which was a blessing because Yara was tiny. Her doctor had explained that each pregnancy was different, Yara was very active so that may have played a part in it. Moreover, their physician had shared that during her own pregnancy she didn't really show much until five and a half months.