•t w e n t y t w o•

"Utah Jazz point guard Jordan Clarkson is off the Market ladies! Sources tell us the Basketball player popped the question to his girlfriend, LA Event Planner and Businesswoman , Yara Underwood two weeks ago over a romantic Salt Lake City Dinner."

Jeannie Mai's report filled the room causing Jordan to look at his screen and away from the white box with a pink and blue bow wrapped around it. He wished he could be in LA with Yara but instead he was just coming from another grueling morning practice.  The media circus in the past three days had been quite hard on her and with her work calling her back after the two weeks she'd spent with him, he wanted to ensure that she was alright. He didn't get to see how she responded to it and he missed her.

He didn't know what it was but whenever they facetimed or spoke on the phone, he could feel that something wasn't exactly right with her, or them.

At first, he'd wondered if she knew, but then he shook it off. There was no way, if she did , she definitely wouldn't have stuck around or still wore his ring.

Nonetheless in a short time a lot had changed, Mylin had decided to move back to California after missing her family's support and realizing that things were definitively done. Jordan had also basically evicted Maranda from his home as well. It wasn't like they were roommates but she'd been around more than she should have. He and Yara had reached an equilibrium and to cement that, they'd decided to virtually do the gender reveal together. Yara's sister Aya had managed to get cupcakes sent to both of them in decorative boxes. During their usual facetime call, they'd both open them and discover what they were having. He hoped with everything in him that it would be a boy. He already had two princesses and he oddly he wanted Yara to be the mother of his son. To have a first with him that no one else did. Mylin suspected that they were having another girl and her superstitions made her neglect finding out the gender early on, she wanted to be surprised.

Suddenly, his phone vibrated in his pocket and he was confronted with his biggest mistake. He'd virtually cut off Maranda after the horrific Christmas Dinner but she'd been so persistent. She always wanted to talk. She was hurt and wanted more but she needed to respect that he was in love with Yara. Sex with her was a mistake that he was too susceptible to repeat so he'd decided to distance himself.

His willpower sucked but he was trying his hardest to be worthy.

Sighing, he turned off the TV before he went back into his room, he had to clear his mind and get a nap before Yara called him.

-

"Yara Elizabeth Underwood, I can't believe you. First you get engaged and don't tell me, now I find out you already decorated this nursery. All by yourself no less! Where was Jordan? Where is Jordan because he's got a lot to explain himself."

Denise ranted as she breezed around the room, touching the changing table, dressers, bibs and anything that was within reach to test its quality. She'd arrived two hours earlier and after smothering Yara in hugs and kisses, she promptly smacked her arm and gave her a lecture on leaving one's parents in the dark. Uncle Gregory couldn't join due to work obligations, so Yara had no defense from the storm that was her mom/aunt on a path to decipher what was truly going on.

"Mom, it's fine, look I didn't do it by myself. I had the help of a friend."

Denise's eyebrows quirked at Yara's dismissive tone. One glance at her neutral facial expression and Denise was sure that this was not as simple as it seemed.

"Yara Underwood, I may not have birthed you but I did raise you. I know when you're not telling me the whole truth. Spill it, now."

"It was Quincy , he's been very helpful lately."