•t w e n t y e i g h t •

September 2022

Yara tried not to think about the course of her life lately. She'd focused on raising Jahi and running her business and the time flew. Her baby boy was now 3 months old, and he was in an adorable soft tux for his godmother's wedding. Her wedding was a month away itself. She tried not to think about that too much. She and Jordan had managed to patch something together and Quincy distanced himself a bit, he was still there for her, but he hadn't cornered her again.

She couldn't blame him if he was disappointed, she was also mad at herself for the way she handled things.

"Hey cutie." Ebony's voice took Yara out of her thoughts as she reached for Jahi. Ebony's mermaid style wedding dress hugged her curves beautifully.

Yara couldn't believe Ebony and Kevin were doing this, after so much drama there was a silver lining

Yara couldn't believe Ebony and Kevin were doing this, after so much drama there was a silver lining. Most importantly, she could see that Ebony was happy. The woman kissed Jahi's cheeks lovingly before she glanced at Yara.

"He's getting so big Ya. Him and Kash need to slow down seriously."

"They really do, don't they? Ebony I can't believe we're here. How are you feeling?"

Ebony sat with Jahi in her lap and smiled at her friend fondly. It seemed that she'd been waiting for this moment since the day she met Kevin. To put it into words now was difficult. Kyrie Kuzma, Kevin's bonus daughter ran over to Ebony and began to play with Jahi. Kyrie loved babies, she'd fallen for Kash the second they'd met. Ebony was grateful Zoë had put the children first and the hurt last, she didn't know what Kevin would do if Zoë was like Mylin.

"Honestly, I can't even begin to express it. I feel like the biggest moment of my life next to Kash's birth is about to happen. I'm marrying the love of my life Yara, there's nothing else that I could want. I've dreamed about this for so long and you helped to bring about those dreams. Thank you for putting up with all the requests."

"Ebony, please! You're my girl, of course I wanted everything to go how you wanted it. I'm just happy to see you so happy. When I checked on Kevin he was ecstatic, grinning from ear to ear."

The bride blushed at the report before she handed Jahi back to his mother and fixed Kyrie's hair bow.

"Gorgeous" Ebony complimented the little girl and she smiled before she joined the others in the bridal party. Ebony's cousins Keisha, Lauren, Natasha and River were in full force along with Yara and Zolee who'd had no problems flying out to be a bridesmaid. River was the wife of Quinn Cook and she had gotten much closer to Ebony after the catastrophe that was the basketball wives reunion in mid-June.

"I'm glad that Zoë is being so understanding with you and Kev."

"Yeah well, she puts Kyrie first, and I respect her for that." Ebony got up and scanned herself as River approached with her veil , bowing Ebony allowed her to adjust it.