Chapter 10

Hinigit ko ang sintas ng sapatos ko to make sure that it's already fixed. I glance at my reflection on my mirror. I'm wearing a plain white top partnered with fitted denim jeans and a white rubber shoes. I also make sure na nakatago sa ilalim ng damit ang kwintas ko.

A simple outfit, though. It's just an educational trip, why would I wear too much?

I grabbed my Louis Vuitton mini backpack then finally went out of my room. I only bring with me important things like my visa and whatever na kailangan ipakita mamaya for our domestic flight.

I was about to go to Lie's room when I remembered something. I quickly open the door of my room and grab the nearest jacket I saw in my walk in closet. I don't want to have any headaches again because of thinking about that 'pahiram jacket or coat thingy'.

Dumiretso na agad ako sa kwarto ni Lie. I knocked several times pero wala pa rin nagbubukas kaya medyo nagtaka ako. Usually kasi isang katok lang, she will open the door immediately and today is the trip to Albay at alam kong mas excited pa siya sa 'kin.

After a few seconds at wala pa rin nagbubukas ng pinto, I decided to open it by myself just to be surprised when I saw Lie still laying on her bed. Mukhang masarap pa ang tulog niya dahil sa pagkakakunot ng noo niya.

I come closer and try to uncover her from her bedsheet. "Lie, wake up," I said while dragging the bedsheet out from her.

"Come on, mala-late tayo," I said and took a glance at my wristwatch and it was past 6 in the morning, we had to be at the campus by 7am.

I succeed in removing the bedsheet from her but she still doesn't turn up. I tried shaking her body while continuing to chanting her name pero umuungot lang siya habang nakapikit.

"Lie! Baka maiwan na tayo." I tried to shout, hoping it would wake her up.

She stopped dragging the bedsheet from me then she half-opened her one eye and looked at me. I smiled because I know, a realization hit her and she should be up by now.

"Okay lang 'yan, nang-iwan ka rin naman," she said, then cover her face with a pillow.

Napangiwi ako dahil sa sinabi niya. "What the?! Lie!" I almost shouted. Is she joking?

"Don't shout."

Mabilis akong napalingon sa nagsalita. "Dad?"

He smiled and walk towards us. May dala siyang tray na may laman ng isang basong tubig, medicines and a baby towel. "I think you should go now," Dad said as he put the tray to Lie's bedside table.

"I can wait for Lie naman, Dad," I insist.

"She can't go right now. She's too drunk last night - or should I say, earlier," Dad said, then sat on the edge of the bed while looking at my sister.

"What happened po ba?" I asked as I sat on the other edge of the bed, pinaggigitnaan na namin ngayon ang natutulog na si Lie.

"I don't know. Nakita ko na lang siya sa bar area sa baba, passed out. Mabuti na lang ako ang nakakita sa kapatid mo and not your mom. She would panicked and bring Lie to the hospital immediately," Dad explained, then chuckled dahil ganoon talaga ang mangyayari if ever si Mom ang nakakita sa kapatid ko.

Dad removed the pillow that Lie used to cover her face and he succeed dahil hindi nakaangal si Lie bagaman bahagya siyang umungot dahil sa pagtama ng liwanag sa mata niya. She looks awful and wasted. She maybe drink too much.

"I can stay to take care of her, Dad," I utter while looking at my sister.

"No need. You should go on your trip. I already called Prof. Chester and told him that Lie can't go but you can," utos ni Dad at hindi ako makakapayag doon, so I looked at him as well as he did.