Independent Walker Companies.

Independent Walker Companies are company sized formations that uses a combined arms approach to warfare, with its own Artillery, Infantry, support and logistical units to compliment one another's strengths and weaknesses.

However, unlike most other kinds of formations, these companies were primarily made up of large number of walkers and other bipedal war machines rather than any form of traditional tracked or wheeled vehicles.
The more traditional tracked and wheeled vehicles within these companies fulfilled more of a supporting role to the Walkers within it.

These Independent Walker Companies were never intended to work alone, as the walkers themselves were considered to be less reliable than traditional Panzer units. These companies were not expected to operate on their own, rather, it is their function to provide themselves to other formations within an army to act as walker fire support.

Essentially, these Companies fulfilled a support role in the assault or defense of any  formations that they are attached to or have come to the aid of.
For instance:
A Walker company could be attached to an Infantry company of an Infantry Regiment.
Or they could be assigned to assist in the assault of a Panzer Company, or be assigned to a logistical supply line to protect them and patrol the rear area of the front.

The scenarios where these walker companies could be employed as supporting defence or assault elements is diverse enough to justify the existence of these Independent Walker Companies. To spite being overall less effective than most Kovenant Imperial Panzer units.
They can be employed to protect supply lines, patrol the rear lines in combat patrols, support other formations in the attack or defence, as well as act as logistical elements themselves.

Walkers will never replace traditional tracked and armoured vehicles. Instead, they are used in a supporting role in the assault and defence, as well as rear line security and combat patrol elements to keep the rear lines in check and secured for future military operations.
They are in essence another form of support vehicle that could potentially operate offensively, but to a far lesser degree than traditional tanks.

Instead Walkers were more or less religated to another form of support vehicle, rather than a primary fighting vehicle.

...

Organisation.

An Independent Walker Regiment consists of:
• 4 Mixed Jugend Walker Battalions.

• 2 Mechanised Infantry Battalions.

• 1 Walker Tank Battalion.

• 1 Light Artillery Battery.

• 1 Organic Alter Human Battalion.

• 1 Combat Pioneer Brigade.

• 1 Logistical unit. (Including recovery and maintenence troops)

• 1 L.N. Funker radio troop.

• 1 Sturmgeschutz Assault Gun Battalion (Stug-18s)

• 1 Light Reconnaissance Brigade.

• 1 Heavy Weapons group of  Battalion size.

Thus totalling:
10 Battalion Sized formations.
3 Brigade sized formations.
1 Light Artillery Battery.

...

Mixed Jugend Walker Battalions.

The backbone of the fighting power of these companies are in the mixed Jugend walker Battalions.
They make up the main fighting power of the Independent Walker Companies and as such are organised in a mixed manner, in which the Battalions are evenly split between traditional tracked APCs and walkers.