Chapter 39 ~ Alice's Note

Carlisle and Esme were packing their things to get ready to travel. Oriana was helping them pack while Alice and Jasper went out for a "quick hunt."

"At least we get to go to London. We haven't been there in a long time." Esme tried to cheer up Carlisle.

"Alright let's get this show on the road-" Jacob said until he noticed another werewolf outside.

"Who ordered a fresh wet dog?" Oriana said smelling the stench.

Oriana followed as Carlisle walked outside to meet the other wolf.

"Alice asked me to give you that." The other wolf said handing Carlisle an envelope.

"She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night." The wolf continued.

Oriana felt confusion but she also felt like her energy had gone down to 0%.

"Carlisle?" Esme asked.

"They've left us." Carlisle confirmed.

Oriana felt like a hole had been punched through her chest. She felt like she was back at the start. But at a new start, a worse start. This time it was just her, no Victoria to make her feel like she was valid, to make her feel like she had comfort, to make her feel like she had a reason.

{ She lied..... } Oriana thought to herself.

"Why?" Rosalie asked.

"She didn't say..." Carlisle said looking back down at the note.

Oriana was quivering, she could hardly stand.

Rosalie ran over to her trying to give her comfort. Emmett came along too.

"Can I see the note?" Bella asked.

Bella read the note.

Oriana closed her eyes and words started appearing, like she was reading a book but without the book and just a paragraph.

"Gather as many witnesses as you can, before the snow sticks to the grounds. That's when they'll come."

Oriana was confused in multiple ways.

What did Alice mean by "...before the snow sticks to the ground...." That's impossible.