Chapter 2 -Plans-

January 19th - 20th 2005

The next day seemed promising as I knew what to expect and Bella seemed a little better but not much. It was obvious that she had not slept well at all. This morning when I checked my phone for texts and calls I noticed I had a text from mom asking how the trip was, one from Alice, Rose, Jasper, and confusingly Edward. To which I assumed that every Cullen has my phone number. Maybe I should have worded it differently.

The day went smoothly. I sat beside Alice in history, then beside Jasper in History, and then went to biology, and Calculus. Had lunch when I noticed that Edward wasn't there. Today, despite Alice's offer, I sat alone reading a book. Then it was Spanish with Rose and PE with Bella.

After School Bella and I went to the Thirftway to go grocery shopping. Bella finally found out last night about Charlie Lake's cooking skills and we decided to cook together and take turns making dinner.

When Bella got in the truck after school she seemed interested in the Hale triplets. She, like the town, is probably noticing how different they are.

The Thriftway is a couple of streets down and Bella and I are used to sharing the task of shopping, so this would become a normal task that we would be used to. The shopping was normal so we finished quickly.

When we got home I put the groceries up, not because Bella forced me to, but because she knew that if she had put the groceries up I would have gone behind her and reorganized everything so She might as well let me do it on my own til I have the organization process set up.

Once done I let Bella know I finished and if she could make dinner since I put the groceries up. "Yeah, that's fine, you'll do dinner next then?" I smile "of course."

I did homework and Texted mom back telling her about my last couple of days and to tell Phil I said hi.

Soon I hear Bella rush downstairs, she must have lost track of time, So I grab my book and follow her downstairs slowly behind once I hear charlie call out.

I see that Bella was making steak and potatoes and offered to make a salad as aside.

"Yeah, I was thinking that too, I'll make the table." She says pulling out plates and silverware. I used Italian dressing for the salad, as that is mine and Bella's favorite, hoping that charlie likes it as well.

Once I finished we talked a bit about our homework and she explained the friends she has been sitting with.

Soon the stakes were done and we all sat in silence to eat, which didn't bother any of us, that was nice about Dad. He doesn't hover or dig too much like our mother.

"So how did you girls like school? Have you made any friends?" he asked grabbing seconds from the Center of the table.

I beat Bella and Said, "I made a few friends, but you know me I try to stay away from people, I'm perfectly happy though." Knew if I get my part out of the way he would talk mainly to Bella and I didn't feel like talking.

I looked at Bella allowing her now to lead the conversation, honestly, it would be good for them.

"Well, I have a few classes with a girl named Jessica. I sit with her friends at lunch. And there's a boy, Mike, who's very friendly. Everybody seems pretty nice." though it was clear she wasn't going to say anything about Edward.

"That must be Mike Newton. Nice kid- Nice family. His dad owns the sporting goods store just outside of town. He makes a good living off all the backpackers who come through here."

"Do you know the Cullen family?" Bella asks Dad.

"Dr. Cullen's family? Sure. Dr. Cullen's a great man."