Chapter 8 -Dress Shopping-

Jess drove much faster than dad, so we made it to Port Angeles by four. It had been a while since I or Bella had a girls' night out, and the estrogen rush was invigorating. We listened to whiney rock songs while Jessica jabbered on about the boys we hung out with. She talked a bit about her dinner with Mike, and how it had gone very well, and that she was hoping that by Saturday night they would reach the first kiss stage. Bella smiled at that, seemingly very pleased. I guess she is hoping that she has gotten Mike off of her back. Angela was passively happy to be going to the dance with Eric. Jess tried to get her to admit what her type was, to which Bella interrupted with a question about dresses to spare her. Angela threw a grateful glance towards Bella for it.

Port Angeles was a beautiful little tourist trap, much more polished and quaint than Forks. But Jessica and Angela knew it well, so they didn't plan to waste time on the picturesque boardwalk by the bay. Jess drove straight to the one big department store in the town, which was a few streets in from the bay area's visitor-friendly face.

The dance was billed as semi-formal and we weren't sure what that meant. Both Jessica and Angela seemed surprised and almost disbelieving when Bella said that she had never been to a semi-formal dance in Phoenix.

"Didn't you ever go with a boyfriend or something?" Jessica asked dubiously as we all walked through the door of the store directing towards Bella. I shook my head in a no as Bella

"Really," Bella tried to convince her, not wanting to confess her dancing problems. "I've never had a boyfriend or anything close. I didn't go out much." I nodded in agreement. Proving that all she was saying is true, and I was pretty much similar to her as I am way more closed off than her.

"Why not?" Jessica demanded.

"No one asked me," Bella answers honestly.

She looked at Bella skeptically. "People ask you out here," she reminds Bella and I smirk as she continues, "and you tell them no." We reached the juniors section and started looking at dresses on the racks.

"Well, except for Tyler,' Angela amends quietly.

"Excuse me!?" Bella gasped "What did you say?" I started snickering tears coming out of my eyes. Bella lightly smacks me lightly.

"Tyler told everyone he's taking you to prom," Jessica informed me with suspicious eyes.

"He said what?" Bella sounded like she was choking and I was still dying of laughter.

"I told you it wasn't true," Angela murmured to Jessica.

Bella was silent, obviously shocked, and looked like she was becoming very much irritated.

I then was the next victim to the irrigation. Though when I mentioned that I was a part of an incident that I straight up told them I did not want to talk about and that I have a lot of anxiety from it, they left me to look for a prom dress. To which I found quickly.

It was a royal blue dress and was over one shoulder and a slit on the right side along with an area of the back on the show. It was mermaid style so it hugged my body until under my bum. Though with my 5'6" height it dragged on the ground. Though with a decent pair of heels it would be fine. Plus at this point the only guy I want to ask me to prom is Jasper or I'm going to go alone, most likely Alice will be more than happy to be my date. We could have fun with this.

Once I got back walking in the dress Bella was threatening Tyler's life asking if that would get her off her back I giggled and after Jessica responded they all looked at me in wow. I blushed as they gushed over me and Bella smiled which brought Angela asking "Are you going to the Spring Formal?"

"No, I want this for the prom." I clarify my motives and they all nodded saying I should get it so I go and pick out some semi comfy black heels and pay at the register. Asking if I could come back to bring it home, I thought there wouldn't be enough room in Jess' car for my dress. The lady happily agreed and asked if I wanted to leave the shoes as well. To which I agreed, maybe if I spend that day with Jasper we could stop by here.