Chapter 4 - Wolf

Saturday, September 17th, 

I honestly am not sure what time it is at this point, but people have stopped calling out our name and I have lost my voice calling back. I guess it's the wind or fate is the reason they can't hear me or something.

I can hear an animal moving around and I am not equipped to deal with it so I hope it's harmless till I see a wolf the size of a bear. 

I want to pet it!

I drop my things and get up...

"Hey, buddy,"

The wolf stopped in its tracks, honestly, it looked extremely supprised, and probably thought I was insane, maybe I was.

"Can I pet you?" I ask knowing it probably can't understand me, It was all black with human-like brown eyes.

I held my hand out I looked at me like I was stupid

I start scratching behind his ear and petting his head.  then I hear teeth clattering and quickly move to my book bag opening some hand warmer throwing the old one in my bookbag, and moving to put one in Bella's hat when a bright ass light appeared at me. 

"Bella, Tiffany?"

The Man's voice was deep and unfamiliar, 

"Have you girls been Hurt?"

"I am completely fine," I take the initiative and start speaking.

"Bella, seems fine I found her possibly a mile that way" I pointed in the direction I was talking about. "But could take her farther back home than to here, uh, Who are you?"

"My name is Sam Uley."

I barely could recall his name until I remember Dad was talking about him and Billy being thankful for his help on the reservation.

"Billy speaks highly of you," I mumble readjusting Bella's hat. 

"Charlie sent me to look for you girls." He said.

"Thank you" I let out

He effortlessly scooped up Bella and I grabbed my bag and followed as he started walking in the direction of the house.

"Emily, she's your fiance right?" I make small talk.

"Huh?" He looks surprised

"They hate it for me to word it like this but the men gossip too," I laugh out

He chuckles in response.

We made it back to the house and you could hear the babble of many voices, Sam Uley slowed as he approached the commotion.

"I've have them!" He called in a booming voice.

The talking ceased, then picked up more intensely. Everyone surrounded us, Sam started answering questions.

"No, I don't think she's hurt,"

"She keeps saying 'He's gone.'"

"Bella, honey are you all right?" Dad asked, it seemed to be the only thing that brought her to her senses.

"Charlie?" her voice was small, it almost broke me, I tightened my hold of my blanket, chills going down my back.

"I'm right here, baby." 

Dad went to hold her, staggered under my weight. 

"Maybe I should hold on to her" Sam suggested, I vaguely agreed as I myself almmosted dropped her.