Chapter 19 -Running-

January 14th and 16th 2005

I get out of the car nearly slamming the Doors and Jasper did the same I ran up to the door. 

"Dad!?" I yelled to see him crying on the couch. I had never seen him broken like that. "Dad, I- She didn't mean any of it. She's scared, She loves him so much it scares her." 

Dad looked up at me.  "You're not leaving too, right." I wanted to break down, hug him and promise I would not go anywhere, but I stayed strong. 

"I'm going to get her to come back, I need to grab some clothes, Jasper will come with me and I will bring her back," I say and rush up to my room and grabbed my big suitcase. Throwing a lot of sweatpants and t-shirts, and jeans. Honestly, I grabbed anything in reach, not knowing when I would be back. I went for my underwear and just grabbed handfuls of everything throwing them into my suitcase and zipped it up. I then grab it and went down to the bathroom.

Once in the bathroom, I threw everything into the travel bag that was in the cabinet under the sink. I threw it on top of my suitcase and went out to see Jasper and Dad talking quickly. The suitcase ended up sliding down the stairs as I lost grip. 

Jasper grabbed it, Dad kissed my forehead and said "See you soon. Love you." I smiled through tears and said "I love you too," as Jasper and I ran out the door we rushed off to the Cullen house. I turned around and called mom "Tiffany? It's late. Your dad just called. I'm coming to Pheonix now. Where '?" I hear her frantic voice.

 I interrupt her, "Mom, she fell in love with him and is scared. Let me talk to her, and bring her home, back to Forks and if she still is hell-bent on going back to Pheonix, she can. You know we have been with you all our life. It's the first time she has noticed and loved someone that is not family." Mom was silent for a long time and said "Okay, I'll wait. Call me when you see her ok?" I smiled. "Of course mom." 

We pull into The Cullen's House they all were in the garage. As soon as we get out Rosalie came to my suitcase and slipped on my sleep hoodie. and she quickly lead me up to Jasper's room where I stripped myself of my jeans and was handed a pair of Jasper's sweatpants that I quickly slipped on. Rose already in my clothes helped me roll up the sweat pants, then I slipped back on my shoes.

"Thank you, Rose. I know I-" She smiled at me in a scared way. "You don't have a scent, you didn't cause this. Edward brought your sister into this. I don't blame you, now you, Jasper, Alice, and Bella are going to Pheonix, While Emmett, Jasper, Esme, and I will lead off, the tracker. Esme and I will watch your dad once we lead him off or kill him." Despite understanding what she said. I couldn't help but, focused on I don't have a scent!? What? Why? How come me? Why wasn't I informed of this? "We aren't going to tell Bella yet so hopefully she will try to keep you safe by listening." She said and lead me quickly downstairs. 

Bella was placed in the front seat, with Alice when I came into the garage with Rose. Bella and Edward were talking, saying goodbyes. Rose let go of me when got to the car. Jasper opened the door and I got in and scoot to the middle. 

We were in the Mercedes, It had darkly tinted windows, which made sense for going south.

The moment Edward left Jasper looked up at Bella. "You're wrong, you know," He said quietly.

"What?" She gasped.

"I can feel what you're feeling right now--and you are worth it."

"I'm not," She mumbled. "If anything happens to them, it will be for nothing."

"You're wrong," He repeated, smiling kindly at her.

"Would I be worth it, Bella?" I asked her.

Bella turned to me, surprised. "What? Of course!" like I asked the stupidest question ever. "Bella, if Jasper was human and you were the vampire, would you save him?" I asked again. 

"Yes." She mumbled. Proving my point.

"The same goes for you, Bells," I murmured, Laying my head against Jasper, and starting to fall asleep.