Chapter One -Decisions-

Saturday, March 19th, 2005

On the plane ride home my existential crisis reminded me of how close graduation really was, It made me overthink, 

Do I really want to go to college? 

Do I want to take a gap year and work at a restaurant and stay near Bella? 

If I stayed would I ever get to go to college? 

Am I holding back on all of my potentials? 

Is going to Washington State University really the way to go? 

Should I choose somewhere different that I got accepted as I applied to multiple places around the United States like Appalachian State or Alaska State? 

Coming home reminded me of the decisions that I have to make.

What if I make the wrong one?

What if I choose the right one but all of a sudden it is now the wrong one?

What if I-  my hand was grabbed I was pulled out of my bubble of anxiety

Jasper likes the southern gentleman he is kissed my hand and looked at me with more love than I could give myself. Myself. I haven't thought much of that lately.

"What are you thinking about darlin'?" He asked me. 

I furrowed my eyebrows in thought... 

"College, where would you want to go?"

He smiled.

"Where ever you would like, you know I've been to college more than enough times already."

I smiled knowing that the truth, however part of me still doesn't believe him, not that I think he is lying, just that I want him to be happy too.

"Will I pick the right place I asked?"

"I can't tell you till you pick at least your choices," Alice adds in.

Of course, why didn't I ask the girl who can see the future?

"Well, I really like Appalachian State's campus, though North Carolina is pretty sunny.

But I also love Washington State in Seattle,

I'm also really interested in Western Washington University." I say narrowing down to three that I absolutely love, but there are also others so sadly Alice won't be any help yet.

Jasper kissed my forehead "you have a month to think about it."

I rolled my eyes Dad, Esme, and Carlisle have been saying that too, for the whole waiting line, I got dad to let me go home since Bella is awake they will be coming home in 3 days, and I will be staying at the Cullens with Alice and them till he and Bella get back.

We are halfway done with the fight, which the Cullens are paying for despite my and Dad's complaints but got away with it by saying it would be cheaper and easier if they just bought the ticket with them so we are together as a group.

I eventually gave up my mental argument and fell asleep on jasper's shoulder.

I woke up to the turbulence of our landing. Though I was still very sleepy, I walked almost tripping every little while so Jasper wrapped his arm tightly around my waist light lifting me up to where there was something lifted off the ground.

"Do you have a computer or laptop?" I asked Jasper, who looked over at Alice who nodded and said "Yes, research I'm guessing he asked noticing I was waking up more He had his duffle bag over his should and was pulling my suitcase I had my purse slung over my opposing side shoulder.

"Yeah," I smiled, feeling in a much better mood, not quite fretting yet.

We all got loaded into the car, while Carlise and Edward stayed Esme, Alice, Jasper and I were the ones loading up for the hour ride which really turned out to be a 45-minute drive, Alice Drove.

Though once we got there Jasper and I went to my house, using my car, so I could get fresh clothes and put the old ones in the wash. I stared out the window, thankfully Jasper drove the speed limit with me so I smiled softly at the trees we passed by and the water droplets on the windshield.

When we pulled into the Driveway, Bella's truck was parked in her usual spot so Jasper just pulled into Charlie's spot instead of my usual spot off the side of the road into the front yard.

We got out of the car Jasper handed me my keys before going to get my suitcase while I unlocked the front door. I left the main door open as the glass "screen' door shut automatically behind me and headed to the washing machine and threw dads clothes into his clean hamper. Jasper was behind me with my suitcase and looked like he was snickering.

I turn to grab my suitcase. "What?" I asked "Well, in my time, we had to-" then there was a smacking sound I didn't hurt my hand but it sounded like I smack a rock instead of the forehead of my boyfriend.

"Rude," I mumbled under my breath sorting the clothes and throwing darks into the wash. Fake glaring/pouting as I threw the suitcase into his arms so I don't trip as badly up the stairs.

He just laughed which sounded like a melody, not fair

Once we got into my room I placed the suitcase in my closet and pulled out a small duffle bag. Packing more sweat pants and pajama pants than day clothes. I then grabbed a sweater and some black leggings and made Jasper turn around and quickly changed, once I was decent I pulled on some fluffy socks and my boots, threw my hair into a messy bun, and was ready to go.

"Ready?" I ask him, He looked at me dazed, which was surprising for a vampire so I walked up and tapped his forehead. And he nodded and picked up my duffle and lead the way out. 

We drove back to the Cullen's house, When we arrived I hopped out the door deciding that it was time I added some of my clothes to his closet. Taking the duffle bag I headed straight up there and placed some underwear and bras in a conveniently empty draw, thanks alice. and some of my other stuff hung up in the closet. 

Once I was done unpacking Jasper came up, as Emmett and Him were talking He came in saying he has something for me.

"What is it?" I asked impatiently.

"Gift." He responded, handing me a box wrapped in red. 

I tear it open to see one of those jewelry box thingies and open it to see two rings in it. One says "together forever, never apart" and the bigger one said, "maybe in distance, but never in heart." I looked at the maybe in distance and look at him, "Distance?" I felt scared, "Are you?"

"No, I don't plan to ever leave you, but From Edward and Alice arguing, I might for a bit, These rings represent that at some point I want to marry you. I promise I will. I smiled "I promise to as well," I say putting his ring on him. He smiled and place my ring on me.

"I love how the texture feels like wood," I whispered, 

He smiled "I'm glad." He said.

That's when it came to me, I know where I want to go, Western Washington University.

There's a knock on the door.

"Come in," Jasper says however he didn't bother removing his arms from around my waist.

Alice Dances in, She smiled and says "I can't wait to help Esme decorate your home there, it'll be new decorating more rustic like the both of you prefer, this will be fun." she then dances her way out.

I looked up at him confused, and he just smiles then leans down and kisses me with passion.