Chapter 1 - Birthday

September 13th, 2005

If there is one thing that Bella and I truly are opposites on it's our thoughts on how to deal with our birthday.

I love making my birthday cake and getting gifts that I have been hinting at for the last few months. Recently it's been a puppy. I really want a dog. I know with the whole vampires and pets thing, but humans do it honestly all the time with farm pets. However, I would never harm the hair on the dog. Plus if vampires can't have babies then that will be the closest thing I would get to one.

Dreams, at this point Jasper and I have been on great terms since our spat. Though the closer to my birthday the more anxiety filled me in general. It could be childish while Bella was scared to be older than Edward. I didn't feel that kind of fear. However I have the older boyfriend in general, Jasper being turned at nineteen and all, then add the Jasper was turned in 1863 situation. The age gap is not something I am worried about.

While Jasper agrees with Edward on the thought process of wanting us to have the chance to enjoy everything human-wise. I think yes I personally agree with them Bella needs to slow down and enjoy her human moments, she will have eternity with him. It is her choice what she decided to do with her life and it's her body. if she chooses to turn herself into a vampire, saying she loses her soul. As much as that thought hurts to say, it's her choice. 

 Now that I have rambled for all this time on to the original points. I night before my birthday I had a crazy dream.  I saw myself at Christmas looking at a pregnancy test. my eyes looked not hollow, but dead inside. I sat on the floor of the bathroom and tears poured down my face. Jasper felt like a distance away.  I got up and went into the hallway, dad's tv could be heard in the background, Bell's room door was open and there was a letter placed on the sink. I turned back to grab it.

On it was Alice's perfect calligraphy as if she wrote something important I shoved the letter back into the people and headed upstairs when I was shaken awake. My eyes shot open panicked, Jasper kneeled in front of me, "what is it, baby?" He asked looking at me in the eyes and giving me his full attention. 

"Nothing, just a bad dream," I whispered pulling him into bed with me laying directly on top of him. "I'm in love with you," I mumbled into his chest. he chuckled at me and said, "I'm in love with you as well." and kissed my head. I look up at him and smiled. "What's today?" I asked and he laughed.

"Your Birthday, of course." I froze already. I felt a sense of dread, "Will you take me hiking today?" I ask remembering I have finished all my classes for today yesterday, doing the experimental route. the community college is trying to test out the online work and my classes are on Monday and Wednesday. Jasper smirked and said "of course, I promised a private picnic in the woods, Darlin"

I smiled and rolled off the bed and walk across my room in his t-shirt, wiggling my waist a bit to tease him in hopes of some sort of reaction. I smirked as arms wrapped around me, I look through my closet to find a dark green flannel that I have never bought,  a white sports bra, some black leggings, and my favorite hiking boots. I piled all the clothes over my arm and turn to my dresser to grab a lacy pair of boyshorts and a matching bra in the same dark green as my flannel.

I then went downstairs to take a shower and just caught dad about to go into Bella's room. I smile lightly and dad seemed to take note of my going into the bathroom for my shower because afterward I was called by dad into the dining room where He handed me 3 gifts from him, mom, Billy, and Jake. Billy and Jake surprised me. I opened theirs first to see a book on Quileute legions. It felt like an envelope was shoved into it. Mom bought me a cute hiking bookbag, and dad got me a couple of the books I had been talking about getting in the past couple of weeks.