Chapter 16 -Bella Meets the Cullens-

I woke up to sound downstairs. I yawned pulling myself closer to the cool pillow beside me. when I noticed that it was Jasper, who was smiling at me. I cuddled closer to him, trying to block out the light with his chest.  To find sleep but instead, I was greeted with "Good Morning Darling, sleep well?" 

"Mmhmm," I respond sitting up. I looked around the room noticing it was his room. I look at him and notice he sat up and is leaning back against the headboard. I crawled into his lap and asked "Did you bring me up here?"

"Yeah, I actually had you covered up and you grabbed me and pulled me to you, asking to stay so I did." He explained.

"Thank you, " I said honestly

"Are you hungry? Esme is making breakfast." He said rubbing my back.

Before I could answer my stomach growled lowly, while a human wouldn't hear he did.

"I'll take that as a yes." He chuckled and I slipped out of the warm bed to follow him downstairs. Where everyone was collected. There were a lot of good mornings that were given as the majority of them were in the living watching the news.

I take a seat on the island and Jasper sits beside me and a warm plate of eggs and bacon was set in front of me. I ate the majority of it and Esme started cleaning the plate and utensils I had used. I smiled then I noticed that she had started cooking something else.

"What time is it?" I asked 

"around 11 dear," Esme responded

"Oh," I mumbled.

I got up and jasper followed me up till Alice hugged me good morning "Jasper will see you in a bit let's get you ready for today." she dragged me to her room where she handed me a pair of jeans and a blouse. 

"Alice honestly could I just steal another shirt?" I asked, she smiled knowingly. 

"I guess, but let me pick. she ended up handing me a black t-shirt that said some sort of baseball team on it. I used a hair tie to tie the extra up. Then Alice lead me into her bathroom where I figure, I would just put on some mascara and be done, putting my foot down so that I don't need to be dolled up.

I started going down the stair when Bella and Edward came in.

"It's very nice to meet you," Bella says sincerely to Carlisle and Esme.

I reach the floor and Jasper whispers into my ear "You look beautiful," I blush and nod thanks when I go up and hug Bella. "Hey, stranger," I say laughing causing the whole room to ease up.

"Hello, Bella," Jasper said keeping his distance.

"Hello, Jasper," Bella responded smiling shyly at him. "It's nice to meet you all,  you have a beautiful home." She complemented

It grew silent yet ease filled the room and I slowly make my way back to Jasper, I catch Edward raising an eyebrow at Jasper. I lightly elbow him, he looks at me confused and I stick my tough out at him and push off to see what Bella was looking at. 

Esme noticed to and I saw the piano that Bella was looking at it reminded me of mom's passion for playing the piano. 

"Do you play?" Esme asked Bella, she nodded towards the piano.

Bella shook her head "Not at all. But it's so beautiful, Is it yours?"

"No," She laughed. "Edward didn't tell you he was musical?"

"No." Bella glared at Edward and I snickered at Edward's innocent look. "I should have known, I guess." She said. Esme looked at Bella in confusion. "Edward can do everything, right?" She explained.

Jasper and I start snickering and I wrapped my arms around him. He started leading me to his room again where I noticed that the bed was still unmade and started fixing it. As soon I I finish He wrapped his arms around me from behind. "you didn't have to you know." He says 

I nodded "But  I wanted to, so I did." I said smartly

"What's with the attitude?" he asked playfully raising an eyebrow as I looked up at him.

"Because I can." I giggle "Plus you're not really all that scary." I taunted, pushing him off walking towards the door. 

He flashes in front of me. "Oh is that so?"

"It tis so," I respond backing up a bit

The next thing I know he pounced at me and I'm airborne and we plopped on the bed I just made.

"Still saying that?" He asked.

I glared at him "I literally just made the bed!" I say with a slight growl that startled him, his eyes grew wide and I lost it and started laughing. Alice came in and Jasper moved so that I was in his lap. 

"Can I come in?" she asked and I responded, "of course, you should have seen his face I think I actually scared him!" 

She smirked "You did!"

Jack walked in afterward, smiling.

"What we came to ask though, Alice saw a real storm coming in this evening, and Emmett wants to play ball. Are you guys game?" He asked.

I smiled at being included and looked up at Jasper, He looked excited. However a little held back, he looked like he was asking me and so I said "You're on, I would love to help Esme keep you guys in check."

Alice smiled brightly. "Perfect! We're going to ask Edward and Bella now." I smiled and nodded.

She skipped out with Jack following behind.

"What will you guys be playing?" I asked standing up after getting off the bed.

"Baseball," He responded.

"Ew." I respond moving to his closet.

"What's wrong with Baseball? It's America's favorite passtime." He says smartly.

"Lacrosse is more interesting.." I respond I look for a baseball jersey to steal and notice 2 white ones that say Whitlock and grab it slipping it on.

Turning to him "Whatcha think?"