Chapter 2 - Going Away

September 15th, 2005

I nearly passed out the moment I got into some sweatpants of Jasper's and his hoodie, and laid out on his bed. Rose must have pulled the blanket because I woke up at 2 to jasper starting to pack. "You guys are leaving?" I asked moving over to him. Jasper froze, "Yeah, Edward thinks it's best for Bella. He wants me to leave you, but I can't do that to you. You have a choice on what you want to do." He said, pulling me by the hips to him.

"I can't leave right now... I can't do that to dad." I mumble " But if I apply now I can apply for the spring semester somewhere and we could go together somewhere. I'm 18 anyways." I say looking at him. Will you text me every day and call?" I asked clinging to him.

He smiled, "We should tell your dad. So he doesn't count my actions the same as Edward's." I smile, "Okay,"

"Plus you'll have to visit me at least bi-weekly," I giggled, as I started to hide a small pile of his clothes under his bed. After a while, the sun began to rise and the grey light came in his windows and I looked over at Jasper. "We should head there now," I said picking up my clothes and tossing them in his hamper.

"Of course, love." He responds by grabbing me into his arms and leading me to my car. I smiled as he held the door open for me and buckled me in himself as I placed my hand into his hair. He then zipped around the car and drove us towards my Dad's house.

Dad was in the kitchen drinking coffee when we came in. I excitedly ran up to him "Look! what he picked out for me." I said giving dad my hand and he smiled brightly, "Looks perfect for you," Dad said. Jasper smiled and then grimaced. "I have some bad news, as well."

I frowned as well, knowing that soon Jasper couldn't be with me all the time anymore. "My dad just got a hefty Job offer in New York, upstate, and it was an offer he couldn't deny, especially with all the research he could do," Jasper said solemnly. "Jasper and I disguised it, I think I'm going to apply at Cornell for the spring semester. Jasper and I could get an apartment nearby so we have you and Bella over in February and spring break in march." I said dad didn't look happy however he seemed to be cool with the idea that I am not leaving right away.

"Well you two are adults now, just be careful don't move too fast, enjoy being young, ok?" I smiled at dad "of course, anyways I think you guys should have some bonding time while I 'clean up' my car. using the excuse to sneak the stolen flannels, sweatpants, and hoodies up to my room. I look around my unmade room, Despite how I have ignored the anxiety, of what if he doesn't come back I wonder.

I honestly know Edward's plans will be in action tomorrow or the day after. Bella is going to fall apart at the seams and for her, it will be like a thief, in the night and everything disappearing without a trace. She will be searching in her dreams, in her world for the missing peace that Edward knowingly took. The pieces that would truly help her grieve. So if the reward were to truly let her move on he needs to give her the ability to grieve.

However, I am a mere human, and Edward will deny that it will happen when I know Alice saw it as well. Especially since his decision is final, and all. Though the worst part of it all will lose my sister until she decided to come back to reality or when reality comes to hit her with a brick.

However, this doesn't just affect her it affects me as well, I lose my love as well. My chest tightens, and I feel a stabbing pain at the thought. Jasper pulls me to his chest and sends calming emotions to me. "I don't want you to leave me," I whispered, tears pouring down my face. "What if you don't come back, or find someone else?" Thinking about how easily my mother left my father and never came back.

"You've applied to the same college as me and if you need to you can apply again. We will get through this." He says comforting me. "I can't tell you not to worry, but know that I am not going to drop off the face of the earth to you. I couldn't do this to you." He kissed my forehead in reassurance.

I then think of something and pull out a whiteboard and we started playing hangman with the little time that we had left. I knew I could be getting ahead or doing something more productive but I want to spend what little time I had left laughing and cuddling with my love.

After a while, Dad came up offering us to join him for dinner.

"I know you have your diet, but why don't you come and just sit with us... I was thinking take out downstairs?" Dad asked Jasper, and he looked hopeful. Despite how much he loved jasper, a part of me always felt sad and guilty because dad hated (almost) Edward, and he had every reason to, with all that Edward has done and caused, and is causing currently.