Chapter 9 -More Theories-

I woke up instantly when I heard Bella say the word vampires.

"And you immediately thought of me?" Edward asked calmly.

I straightened up stretching my back before cuddling up against Jasper again.

"No. He mentioned your family."

Everything was silent, Edward stared at the road.

"He just thought it was a silly superstition," Bella says quickly.

"He didn't expect us to think anything of it." I added trying to help her case. While, I was not sure if it did though.

"It was my fault, I forced him to tell us." Bella said, throwing herself under the bus.

"Why?"

"Lauren said something about you trying to provoke me. And an older boy from the tribe said that your family didn't come to the reservation, only it sounded like he meant something different. So I got Jacob alone, with of course Tiffany, and tricked it out of him." Bella admitted, hanging her head.

Edward started laughing at bella. Honestly Jasper nd I were chuckling. Me, I purposefully didn't think about how Bella was flirting with Jake just so he would ask her how... you know sibling stuff.

"Tricked him, how?" Edward asked.

"I tried to flirt--it worked better than I thought it would." Disbelief flooded Bella's tone.

"I like to have seen that." Edward chuckled darkly. "And you accused me of dazzling people--poor Jacob Black."

I giggled as the memories flooded through my mind of Bella flirting with Jacob, trying to imitate Edwards expressions.

"What did you do then?" Edward asked.

"We researched on the internet." I answered before Bella could. Wanting to be part of the conversation.

"And did that convince you two?" He asked.

"No. Nothing fit. Most of it was kind of silly. And then.." Bella stopped.

"What?"

"We decided that it didn't matter," Bella and I both whispered simultaneously.

"It didn't matter?"Edward said, his voice raising as he said each word. Jasper was as still as stone.

I looked up at Jasper who seemed to be much calmer on the outside than Edward.

"Are you angry?" I asked Jasper in a soft voice.

"I don't know." He responds. "While you should be scared of me Tiffany. You should be running in fear of your life. Y-"

"I lost my will to live the day I was raped in Pheonix. Ok? You have for the first time in forever made me the safest I have ever felt."

"What?" He said.

Not liking the tension I jokingly say "You want me to repeat the Phoenix part or you're the person that makes me feel the safest part?"

"No, I heard you. I suspected. But..." He mutters out, getting quieter by the word.

Funny thing is all the while I made my confession, Edward and Bella were arguing.

So I jumped back into their conversation.

"What are you curious about?" Edward said resigning from their argument.

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen," Edward answer promptly.

"And how long have you been seventeen?"