Chapter 6

"We need to plan things more," Nami stated, her chin cupped in her hand in a thinking gesture. We had been sailing for a few days and so far everything had been fine so far. No major battles, no dramas, nothing. It had been peaceful.

"What do you mean?" asked Luffy.

"Do you really plan to go to the grand line like this?" Nami said, as if not believing that our captain could really be that thick. Unfortunately though, he was that thick – no doubt about it.

"Oh, that's right! Uncle Cabbage gave us lots of fruit, but we don't have any meat left." That's another thing I'd noticed about Luffy, his mind was either on pirates, fighting, or eating.

"I'm not talking about food supplies!" snapped Nami.

"And we don't have any sake to drink either, how boring." Guess whom that came from? None other than the green haired pirate hunter who was currently slouched lazily against the side of the boat.

"Let's not worry about the problem of food and drink right now!" Nami snapped yet again. If she kept losing her temper like this around the guys she'd have grey hairs very soon.

"The place we are going, the Grand Line, is the most dangerous place in the world. Every pirate in the world wishes to get the treasure there. So we need to get a better ship first!" Nami lectured.

As they had been talking my, head had been swiveling back and forth between them; my tongue lolling lazily out of the side of muzzle.

"We are also short on crew members and this boat doesn't have any equipment," she continued. "No matter what you think, we can't possibly be safe!"

"Oh!" Luffy finally seemed to get Nami's point. "So what do we do then?"

"We have to prepare first, and plan for the journey ahead. There is a village due north, we should go there first. First thing to do when we get there is look for a better boat," Nami planned.

"And eat some meat!" Luffy cried, which at this stage I was starting to think it wasn't such a bad idea - I had been living off scraps for the last few days. Although I guess I couldn't complain because I was being a free-loader at the moment and he yet to do anything to earn my keep in this crew. I needed to prove myself soon.

"Wow there really is an island here!" cried Luffy as we pulled up to the island and started to all clamber out.

"So, what did you expect?" questioned Nami. "We followed the map so it won't be wrong." She obviously had no idea who bad these two were with maps. One was an idiot, and the other was an idiot with no sense of direction. I couldn't claim to be much better than them though. I'd never had to use maps before, so I couldn't read them.

"Oh…" Luffy muttered before asking, "Is there a village here?"

I stretched out my limbs out with a lazy yawn, happy to be moving again. I was glad that I had room to finally move again. Being stuck a small boat for days on end isn't good for a dog that needed to exercise.

"Uh huh! Looks like there is a small village," confirmed Nami as she took a look at the map.

Zoro seemed to have the same idea as me as he began stretching as well whilst muttering, "Been a long time since I stood on firm ground." I let out a grunt in agreement.

I cast my eyes up the hill and saw some people hiding in the bushes behind a log at the top. Wasn't that Usopp and his little veggies?

"By the way, I just noticed a moment ago, what are those guys doing there?" At the same time Zoro said that they all turned they heads to the top of the hill. It took them long enough to spot our little spies.