Chapter 39

I woke up coughing and choking, flipping over onto my stomach as I tried to get my wits back about me. I heard everyone else cough as they laid all over the deck, still trying to gather their wits as well.

"Damn… What happened?" Zoro coughed as he sat up. "Is everyone alright?"

"Hey!" Luffy called out in excitement as he sprang up. "Look you guys! Outside the ship! What is this place? It's sooo white!"

Everyone slowly managed to drag themselves up off the ground before all looking around at the sea of white clouds that the boat was floating on. I carefully jumped up onto the railing, my head tilting back so that my nose was raised in the air. I twitched my nose as al the scents of the area reached me. It smelt moist yet the air was thin. I couldn't really smell much vegetation or everything where I was. Was this all Sky Island was?

"Clouds?" Chopper gapped, hanging onto the railing near me.

"We're on top of the clouds…" Nami mumbled. "How are we sailing on clouds?"

"Of course we can sail on top of it!" Luffy sighed. "They're just clouds."

"No, that's not possible." Sanji, Zoro, and Chopper all deadpanned at the same time.

'Well… He's sorta right you know. We are floating after all, unless our eyes are not working,' I chuckled softly.

"This is bad!" Chopper yelled all of the sudden as he kneeled next to Usopp. "Usopp isn't breathing!"

'WHAT!' I screamed, throwing myself off the railing and trying to run towards them in mid-air. I ended up stumbling over my feet a bit before I managed to scramble over there, mentally freaking out. 'He's not breathing!'

"DO CPR OR SOMETHING!" Luffy yelled at Chopper.

"Okay, I'll do CPR on Nami!" Sanji announced in the background.

'Oh, for fuck's sake,' I swore bluntly when I saw them all being idiots and not actually doing anything about it. 'I've watched YouTube videos about stuff like this, so I should be able to do this… I hope.'

I jumped up slightly, lifting my front two feet off the ground before slamming them back down right in the centre of Usopp's chest. Usopp made a choking sound, coughing for a second as I jumped back from him in shock.

'It actually worked!' I gaped, honestly quite surprised.

"Ehh! You didn't think that'd work!" Chopper exclaimed as Usopp slowly sat up, looking around in confusion.

'I had my doubts,' I laughed mentally, much to Chopper's horror. 'Perhaps I'll just leave it for you to do next time, doctor.'

"In other words, this is the sea of the sky," Nami explained to Chopper, Robin, and I as we sat on the railing. "But look, the log pose is still pointing up."

"Maybe this is only the middle part of the Millennium Cumulonimbus," Robin theorized.

"We need to go higher… How?" Chopper asked.

"I have no idea," She admitted.

"For my first big course, Captain Usopp will swim!" Usopp called out as he posed on the railing. Chopper quickly scurried over there to join Luffy as they egged him on.