Chapter 25

"That's a very low thing to do!" Vivi screamed at Mr. Wax.

"I will increase the speed of my Candle Service!" Mr. Wax cried suddenly, a large blob of wax coming out of his hand. "So you will become my candles sooner!"

I squeezed my eyes closed; ducking my head, I heard the spinning pumpkin on top of us spin faster, the flakes of wax seemed to come down faster. I felt a few warm pieces land on my thick fur, seeping in. It was so itchy and uncomfortable.

I heard Nami coughing next to me as she gasped, "I can't breathe!"

My eyes snapped back open, flicking in her direction in concern. Wasn't there any way we could get out of this? I wasn't just going to sit here watching myself and my friends turn into wax candles!

"If this candle mist goes into our lungs, we will become candles completely!" Vivi informed us.

"Hahahaha! That's right! If possible, I want you to suffer!" Mr. Wax laughed in maniacally. "Because the pieces of art that I want should represent suffering and fear! Just become my candles with fear in your hearts!"

By this time I had stopped struggling altogether, sending an evil glare in the direction of Mr. Wax.

"A piece of art! That's really disgusting!" Nami began to scream at him. "And you also did that to Mr. Brogy!"

"Hahaha, just say whatever you want!" Mr. Wax taunted us as I began to growl softly, trying to run through plans in my head. How could I get out? I couldn't! Not unless I knew some way to create fire, which I don't. I could try throwing my knife, but it would any take out one of them. And if Mr. Wax was made of wax, it wouldn't kill him. There was nothing I could do.

"Zoro! Mamori! Do something!" Nami begged of us causing my eyes to squeeze closed in shame. What could I do?

"Hahaha! Look at your faces!" Mr. Wax continued to taunt us as more wax covered us. I could feel it coating me slowly. My back was already partly covered by a layer of Wax. "That's very good emotions! Sadness and suffering! Torture! This will become my best piece of art! Hahahaha!"

"Don't we have a better plan!" Nami cried desperately, on the verge of becoming hysterical. "I can't move my arms!"

"Our bodies are becoming harder!" Vivi exclaimed as she stared at her hands.

No! I had to do something! I REFUSE to accept this! I'm not going to sit here and watch them die! I'm not going to wait for any of the others to show up, and I don't even know if they will! I HAVE to do something!

"Hey!" Zoro called to Brogy suddenly, causing me to jump slightly as my gaze swiveled in his direction. "Can you still move? If you can lose your arms and legs, it's better than dying and doing nothing. I will try to move too."

"I will cut both my legs off," Zoro devised, pulling out his sword as he did. "Don't you want to come and take care of those people with me?"

"Cut off your legs! Are you kidding! This is not a stupid joke!" Nami screamed at Zoro as I watched him silently. Cut off his legs to escape…?

"Because it's not some stupid joke, that's why I said that. What about you?" Zoro snorted, asking us.

"What about us? That's worthless! If you do that, they will be able to catch you anyway!" Vivi argued with him.

I was silently mulling over what he had said. A way to get out… No feet? Fuck. But I needed a way to get out. I wasn't going to leave this just up to Zoro, I wanted to help. But my feet… Did I really want to cut them right off!

'To never live a day in my life that I will regret!' The words echoed hauntingly through my head, teasing me. I said that, didn't I? Yes, I did. And would I regret it if I didn't cut of my legs when Zoro did? Yes. Of course I would. But… I was scared. Really scared. What would I do without my feet? How painful would that be? I'm not a saint; I was scared, really scared. My mouth had gone dry. Hadn't I asked for a way out? I did. And I got one, and now I was too cowardly to do it…