Chapter 29

I woke up to being really warm; it felt like I was wrapped in a cocoon of blankets. Then next thing I noticed was the fact it felt like someone was rocking me back and forth slowly. I murred happily in my sleep, not wanting to wake up.

After a few more minutes of warmth and rocking, the images of what had happened before I had passed out slowly came floating back to me. Clowns. Black and white. Trees. Lapins. Pain.

My eyes shot open quickly, but only one seemed to open properly. My right one was swollen from the cut and the blood dribbling from the wound had acted like an adhesive. I glanced around and I noticed white fur. I was wrapped in a blanket of white fur...? I glanced around a bit more, lifting up my head and I noticed that I had white furry arms wrapped around me to hold me. I looked straight up and saw a lapin's face looking down at me as it continued to walk. I was being carried by a lapin…

I froze, my muscles tensing until the tiny, cute little bunny popped its head up over the larger lapin's shoulder and chirped at me. I folded my ears back against my skull, relaxing just ever so slightly. I then glanced around and saw that we were basically walking in the middle of nowhere, with only trees and lots of snow to keep us company.

The lapin must have picked me up to stop me from freezing to death, but where was it taking me? I wiggled around a bit letting out a few soft yips to let the larger lapin know I wanted down. It growled in annoyance before stopping and bending over to deposit me on the ground. My legs shook under me as I put my weight on them, so the lapin kept his large paws around me until I shakily managed to stumble forward a few steps. All my muscles and limbs ached, my shoulder screaming in pain where I had been cut.

The lapin let out another rumbling growl as it straightened up again, using its arms to beckon me to come with it before continuing to waddle off. I hesitated a second before shaking my head and trotting after the lapin.

The little lapin let out another chirping sound as it scrambled off the large lapin, jumping to the ground. It then scrambled over to me, chirping excitedly as it peered up at me. I stopped, scrutinizing it curiously. What did it want?

The baby lapin suddenly jumped at me causing me to flinch as it landed on my back. I felt its claws grasp the fur on my back and I almost tried to throw it off but it made a happy chirping sound yet again. The small lapin snuggled into my thick fur and I looked up to the see the larger one watching me. I froze at the cautious look on its face. If I had attacked the tiny lapin I have no doubt it would have tried to attack me.

The large lapin grumbled in annoyance before beaconing with its arm and waddling off. I sighed and set off after it, this time with a hitchhiker snuggled on my back like a koala.

I saw the top of a very large tree in the distance; it seemed to be where the lapin was taking me. The little bunny was on my back, still twittering away to me. It reminded me of a kid, one that wouldn't shut up on long trips and talked nonstop. I had to admit it was cute though and it kept my back vaguely warm while I walked after the large lapin.

I suddenly heard some voices drift forward on the wind causing the lapin in front of me to stop walking, its large ears twitching curiously. It let out a commanding grunt and the little rabbit chirped sadly before scrambling off my back. I watched as it bounded back to the large rabbit and climbed up on its back.

The large rabbit looked at me and then pointed to the large tree. I think it wanted me to go that way. It then started to walk away but I barked after it causing its head to turn back around. I slid out my left leg in the snow, my right tucking neatly under my body as I lowered my head and shoulders. My head hovered just above the ground as I bowed appreciatively towards the lapin in thanks for its help and the help of the other lapins.