Chapter 21

I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath to calm myself down in an attempt to keep my cool. I didn't need to fly off the handle already; I should be able to beat all these guys! I just need to get out of my current predicament. They need me alive right? That should at least hold them back a little bit from killing me, if only slightly.

Plan, plan, plan. I need a plan! Ah, got one. I let my body go limp; my legs giving out on me as I slumped over. The man tightened his arm around my neck so that my head was held up, that caused me to a make a choking sound. I could have thought of a better plan! He didn't let go of me at all and his gun stayed where it was. If I could only reach my knife!

"Hey, don't be doing any of that now!" Mr. One Handed Gunman snapped as he tried to heft me up again with him arm.

I turned my head around slightly, the gun still pressing against it. I looked him straight in his eyes and let out a whine, using my version of the puppy eyes. He froze, unsure how to react to my sudden change of personality. I used that moment to my advantage, betting my life on a gamble of my abilities. My head shot out like a striking snake, the gun slipping along my neck. My jaws clamped down on his wrist and I made sure to grind my back teeth as I snapped around his bones. His gun was dropped as he cried out in pain again. His arm came off of my neck as he tried to pull back from me, so I dropped my grip on his wrist. I then drove the top of my head under his chin, ending his struggles against me.

As he fell to the ground I scrambled back up, my legs feeling a little bit like jelly from having such a close call yet again. Before I even had a chance to turn to face the chain man, he launched an attack on me. Apparently he had been ready for me to beat his comrade. I felt the chain snap around my right fore leg this time and he yanked it at least three times as hard as he did last time, my leg being awkwardly pulled away from my body.

RIIIPPPP

I heard the odd sound echo in my ears, numbing my mind, but the pain was immense. I let a screaming yelp vibrate through the air as I felt the muscle in my leg tear. My body was yanked through the air, hitting the dusty ground roughly. I slid for a few meters, instinctively curling up my injured leg up to my body. I laid on the ground for a few seconds for a seconds, my body shaking as the pain from leg radiate through my body.

'That sound wasn't normal at all! It sound like my muscle tore completely in half!' I gasped. 'Actually... It probably did. What was that called? A torn ligament? That's just about as bad as a broken leg!'

I wasn't given much of a chance to organize myself as the chain man pulled the chain tight yet again, pulling my injured leg out from my body. I yelped from the pain again, a variety of different swear words from seven different languages flying through my mind. I quickly scrambled up to my feet to save myself the pain, only three of my legs on the ground. My front right was lifted off the ground, the chain still wrapped around it.

"Not so good are you now, dog?" The chain man snickered, much to my disgust.

I was pissed now, that much was for sure. My head whipped around, drawing my knife in one fluid motion. I saw the chain man slide the other end of the chain through his hands so that he was holding it somewhere about the middle. He then began to spin the other end like he was doing before when he distracted me. I wasn't going to give him a chance to get me again like that.

I closed my eyes, taking another deep breath as I tried to control the pain of my leg. I then jumped awkwardly forward, taking off in a charge towards him. It turned out to be a limping gait as my injured leg skipped over the ground, nowhere near stable enough to sustain any weight. Even if I was limping I still managed to run quickly, and I saw his eyes widen in surprise. Apparently he hadn't counted on me being able to run this fast while still injured either.