Chapter 20

A thick fog had settled over the ship as we sail through the channel but my nose picked up the smell of life and a town. My ears flicked lightly as the mumbled sound of voices reached me, but I could still see nothing.

As we sailed smoothly out of the mist and my eyes widened in surprise as I saw all the people lining the shore, all of them wearing happy faces. Behind them was a large city and many buildings the huge cacti in the distance behind the town.

"PIRATES!" Several voices called out from the shore. "WELCOME TO OUR TOWN!"

"Oh?" Luffy said in a pleased manner as he saw that the villagers were friendly and welcoming.

"Huh?" Usopp said in a dumbfounded way. "Not only are there no monsters, there're people greeting us."

"What's going on…" Sanji muttered as he glared suspiciously at the shore. My own eyes by this point had narrowed too as I stared at the people on the shore. Not all of them could be pirate hunters… Right? There a few women and kids in the crowd too… How could they all be pirate hunters?

"LONG LIVE THE BRAVE WARRIORS OF THE SEA!" Someone from the shore called out as they all waved and cheered us.

"T-There is a bunch of lovely ladies too!" Sanji exclaimed as his eyes landed on some women from shore.

"Talk about a warm welcome!" Usopp exclaimed as he blew kisses to the crowd. "Looks like pirates really are these people's heroes!"

"YAHOO!" Luffy yelled as he waved at the people lining the shore. Both him and Usopp were way too naïve…

"Welg-Ahem! Ma, ma, maa~ Welcome, my name is Igarappoi," The odd looking man said from his place standing in front of us. Once we had docked the ship we had all jumped off and this is the man that came up to us and introduced himself. "This is Whiskey Peak! The town of music and liquor. It's our honor to welcome you. We have plenty of liquor here, please tell us about your journey. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you to join a party."

Everyone, myself included stared blankly at him for a second, a bit surprised by his warm welcome considering we were pirates. But of course the silence was quickly broken by Sanji, Usopp, and Luffy linking shoulders and yelling, "SURE!"

Nami ignored them and turned to more important matters. Or what she considered more important, "How long will it take to record the magnetic field of this island?"

"Record?" Igarappoi asked stupidly before dodging the subject. "We shall talk about that after you have rested."

He then pulled Nami towards him as he threw an arm over her shoulder causing me to growl softly in warning from the background. I saw his eyes flick curiously down towards and I meet his stare with a cold and malicious one of my own. Like hell I was about to let him mess with my friends and get away with it.

He quickly looked away from me though and cried out, "Let's party!"

My ringing ears hurt, and don't even get me started on my huge headache. The people yelling and partying along with the loud music was like hell on my sensitive hearing and the people were everywhere in this place. I was struggling to not hyperventilate and freak out about all the people all around me because I wasn't about to go outside in this sort of place. Who knows what would happen? It was better to stick with everyone else.

I squeezed my eyes closed and tried to take in a deep breath although it came out shaky. I then reached forward and stuck my nose out a bit from the cupboard that I have conveniently wiggled under when the party got too much for me. Someone had tried to offer me a rawhide bone and some water, but I wouldn't put it past them to drug it. So I had refused it and dove under the cupboard. At least from what I can hear around the room the others were having fun. I just can't wait for this night to end…