Chapter 22

"Ngh," Zoro grunted as he tried to heave the anchor up over the bow of the ship; I had a grip on the back of his shirt and was pulling back. I was sort of awkward because I could only use one of my fore paws to push myself back, but that didn't stop me. Finally, after a bit of a struggle, we managed to pull it over the side. We were now ready to set off.

"HEY!" Luffy's voice cried out and my head shot up, glancing in-between the railing to see Luffy running towards us, dragging Usopp and Sanji after him. Usopp by his nose and Sanji by his ankle, to be exact. Wasn't he meant to wake them up? Not drag them here and half-kill them? "I brought the guys!"

"Good! Now get on. We are ready to leave at any moment," Zoro said, huffing a bit from how quick we worked to get the ship ready. My own chest was heaving and falling and bit, but it was tolerable.

"Huh?" Luffy said, glancing back at Sanji and Usopp who were unconscious. Again. "Are you guys still asleep?"

No, Luffy darling. I think you killed them….

"No! We don't have time to go looking for him!" Nami cried out as she walked up the gangplank with Vivi.

"But I can't just leave him here!" Vivi argued with her.

I tilted my head curiously to the side as I watched and Zoro called out, "What's wrong?"

"She says her duck is missing, and won't come even after whistling for him," Nami replied, glancing back at us.

"You mean him?" Zoro asked, poking to a large duck that appeared by our side. That fucking thing… Just about gave me a darn heart attack! We had got onto the boat and I found myself face to face with the stupid thing! It had been cowering on the ground, waiting for Vivi! "He got on the boat even before us."

"THAT'S WHERE YOU ARE!" Both women screamed in anger at the duck as he quacked and waved.

"Turn the boat to head down the river and we should be able to reach the ocean!" Vivi informed us once they had all climbed in board. "We have to leave as quickly as possible."

"WE'RE OFF!" Nami cried as we set finally managed to set sail.

"Hey, so how many guys are gonna come after us?" Luffy asked Vivi, although it seemed like he didn't really care.

"I can't say for sure," She replied. "There are reportedly 2000 people working for Baroque Works. Towns like Whiskey Peak aren't uncommon either…."

"You mean we could have 1000 people after us!" Nami exclaimed as she held out her hands. My head was shifting in between them as they talked, I was sitting back resting my leg now.

"It's possible considering how serious knowing the boss' real name is," Was Vivi's discouraging reply. Charming.

I sighed, finally lying down from exhaustion. It wouldn't matter if I had small nap, right? I hope not…

Something was buzzing in the back of my mind, something annoying that was pulling my consciousness to the surface. Groggily I groaned, my head felt cloudy, like there was a haze over my thinking process. I felt like I had taken some sort of drugs to sleep, and that it hadn't worn off yet. I tried to crack my eyes open, but they felt heavy as my mind slowly stumbled to life.

I slowly noticed what had woken me up; an annoying ache in my arms, the muscles in my arms screamed in compliant. I didn't bother opening my eyes; it seemed like too much trouble. I tried to lift my arms up, to stretch them and get that annoying ache out of them. I moved my arms slightly but something stopped me from moving them any further. Something was restraining my arms. What in the world? I wiggled my arms, trying to figure it out as I squeezed me eyes and crinkled my nose in concentration. Wow, my mind really was on vacation today. Everything was coming to me so slowly.