Chapter-8

"Can I even have an option 'B'?" I say pushing away the form of spring camping. These adventurous things just gave me anxiety.

"No, when all of us are going. It's a college tradition!"

Dhriti persists.

"I'll think about it."

"There's nothing to think about, it's just two days, it would be fun," Kyra says.

"I can't wait to pack!" Dhriti says completely thrilled.

It's a forest for fucks sake! There's nothing more to expect. Just darkness, alcohol, silly teenage –truth–or–dare – type games, and wild animals that would like to feed on us.

"Guys!" Naina sprints towards us clanking her heels looking elated – beyond elated. "I bagged it! I bagged it!"

She slumps down on the chair breathless.

"You what?" Dhriti and Kyra ask in unison.

"I...I... got the", she can't form words, maybe because of exhaustion or her constant smiling to herself.

Why is she so cheery?

Finally, she speaks.

"I got the official editorial position! They have even agreed to pay me!"

What?!

"Yipee", all of us squeals. Oh cool.

She hugs all of us one by one following a bone-crushing group hug.

"We want a party!"

"At my home!" Naina says and immediately looks at me. "If it's okay with you, Mira."

Why would I mind?

"Oh, come on dude, we are a group." Says Kyra.

"Of course," I say.

We are a group. It sounds so perfect.

"Mira helps me after classes, we have so much work." She bosses. "And we are slumbering in."

She places her hand on the center of the table looking at us to join. Kyra places her hand on top of hers. Dhriti does the same. They look at me now. I immediately place my hand on top of Dhriti's.

"Done!"

"By the way what's that?" Naina says looking at my form.

"Spring camp form. Are you coming?" Kyra asked.

"Is Abhisekh coming?" Naina asked with a ridiculous grin.

I roll my eyes.

"Obviously," Dhriti says.

Kyra giggles.

"I'll cover the premises news so yes I am in."

"Look at Mira she says she'll still think about it," Dhriti says pointing her hand at me.

"There's nothing to think about, we are going, and she is going," Naina says as if I were a third person here.

This is called peer pressure.

Karan will go too. The subconscious says.

And once again I lose control.

I ended up filling the form.

And this is it. The place was ready for a party!

We move the couch from the hall and spread out quilts on the floor with pink cushions and baby unicorn sheets. Moving to decoration, bubblegum pink curtains, pink and white balloons, fairy lights hovering over walls, and Dora the explorer's t-shirt color ribbons. I dare not spell pink again!