Chapter-32

I wake up to the most cheerful good morning ever. Grinning like a clown I breathe in the scent of satisfaction of having someone beside me.

"Good morning", he says lovingly. "Very cheery today."

"Is being happy a crime?"

He yawns and then shakes his head.

"Why is this couch so comfortable? And we actually fit in here." I giggle.

He joins me too. "It feels good to laugh after such a long time. Thanks to you."

"You actually look beautiful when you laugh," I say.

"Beautiful?" he makes a face.

"Um ...what about handsome?"

"Sounds good." He smiles. "Hey come here."

He starts to tickle me. "Stop!" I giggle hard. "Please stop. Please stop."

He stops but his hand still rests on my waist. I suck up air. He deliberately moves his hand in an upward direction and my breathing accelerates. What is he gonna do?

Just when his hand was reaching the destination where it wanted to...the door to my apartment unlocked and Naina walked in.

"Ouch!" I shriek as I fall off the couch. Karthik jumps too. "Naina. What the hell!"

"Uh hi. Bad timing?" she asks.

What do you expect?

"So both of you..." she ogles Karthik as if he is a girl - juggler. "Are sleeping together?" she continues.

Fucking better!

"I think I should leave," Karthik says. "Will see you at work."

And he's gone.

"Was he ...I mean you too are dating?" she says in confusion.

"Is it that hard to believe?"

"Messy clothes, messy hair. You better have a perfect explanation." Her suitcase stands near the table to witness my inquisition while she settles down on the chair ready to make notes.

"Okay", she says processing everything I have I told her about my life since she left. "So did you too?" she sounds excited.

"For the tenth time no."

"I'm happy you've finally moved on. I missed you." She says in pure sentiments.

"I missed you too."

We hug and I'll definitely enjoy my best friend's company for rest of the day.

"So what do you want to do?" she asks.

"I have a little college catch-up to do, friends and studies. Wanna join?"

I shouldn't. "I don't think that would be a great idea." After everything that has happened I have finally found some mental peace which I dare not lose it again.

"Everything will be fine. Just tag along. Don't you miss your older friends?"

"I do. But it's fine they would never want me there besides I'll work an extra shift today. Have an important deal anyway."

She squeezes my shoulder. "Come."

C'mon, you can do that! Yes.

"Oh my god, you're finally back." I watch the girls hug each other over the coffee table. I just stand near with an awkward look. Dhriti ignores as ever. Maybe it was a really bad idea. "It's been so long we four were together," Kyra says.