Chapter-35

I thought I would drop out of this class but who needs a change mid-semester? However, the class's population has dropped to a minimum I'm here for good grades.

The bell rings and students start scrambling in through the door including...Karan. Well, I thought he dropped out of elective classes. Is he here to confront me on the whole – bring – two – exes – close drama. I sense trouble.

Better get yourself ready.

He slides beside me the way he always did before. "Hi."

"Hii." No. Not awkward at all. Sarcasm period.

"Yeah I know that look", he says. "Attendance purpose." He clears.

"Oh."

The class begins with a sleepy slow good morning. "Catch up later?"

That was..."Yes sure."

"So... how're your studies?" I ask stirring my coffee. I sound dumb.

"Everything is fine. Don't make it more awkward", he states simply. That was easy.

"Okay."

"We are cool." He laughs. I join instantly. "I'm just glad I got my friend back."

"You are?" I stumble. "I mean ...me too. Even after I – Karthik was pretty mad at me after I found out – so are you too?"

"Mira, Karthik is an ass. Once an ass always an ass. Moreover, he has tendencies to throw fits over simple things and overreact."

"Don't say that", I rebuke. "He has got it bad."

"Oh I forgot he is your boyfriend", he rolls his eyes. Karan and his eye-rolling prowess never get old.

"Rejection is something that has us both", I mumble. And you of all people should know that. "I was the one hitting on him."

He must have got a hint as to where I am taking him. His emotions change. "If I would have to change anything from the past – I wouldn't because that defined as to where we are now. I could not imagine myself in a better place than now. And I think it's the same with you." With warmth and serenity of a monk in his eyes, he says.

The politician that Karan is, would rather manipulate someone with his deep talks than blaming himself. Maybe he was doing it even now but anyway that was right. We all have moved on.

"I know your hitting abilities very well."

Shit is he referring to me slapping him or punching that guy in the nose. Obviously, he is. "So how do you find your new family?"

"Everyone's good except – you know who?"

I laugh at his sense of humor. "What is it between you two...you fight like bloodthirst dogs."

"Ask him. He has started all of it."

"So why don't you act like the matured one?"

He looks at me with thoughtful eyes. Yeah dude I have made a point here. A younger brother can also act as an elder one.

"You're right", he says. "But his sister and mom like me and going with the majority – I don't care." He folds his fingers in swag.

"Great politician", I bug.

"Says the diplomat", he winks. "How's work?"

"It's fabulous actually. I have been promoted to a full-time job that you're already aware of and recently I have been planning a fundraiser for the kids in the orphanage."