Chapter-10

LONG CHAPTER AHEAD!!!!!

"Wait! I'll check once more if I'm forgetting something." I say it the third time.

"God keep your OCD self at bay. We are already late!" Naina says with equal temper and drags me to the bus where we get seated with the rest of our friends.

Naina and I get two seats on the left side of the bus. Lucky me who gets the window seat. The bus goes in motion and now we were moving. Everyone howls as we leave our college behind as we travel through the highway. It keeps getting noisy inside but the view outside the window relaxes me.

A low sound of music distracts me from gazing out of the window. Everyone just goes quiet. How does he do that always? Steal the stage and silence a room?

Karan flicks through the guitar strings and hums to all of us.

Our love is like the more

Ooh – wants

I live my life as if I'm happy

This is not the best place to find a sweetheart

I've been hearing kisses

Enjoying at night

You're looking at the adorable heart

I'm the caring one

Yes, you are! The most adorable heart.

He sings taking my breath away. How absorbed he looks in his music. And how beautifully he could string cute words together. Can anyone be more perfect?

No one utters a word, they all listen to him. But to me, everyone had disappeared a long time ago. It's just me and him now.

I snap back into reality as the song stops and everyone applauses. My mood turns drastically sour as I see Dhriti and Karan hug.

Something is taken away.

I just look at him in hope that he would look at me even once. And he doesn't. They are laughing at some crazy-ass joke.

What I'm feeling right now feels different. What is it?

They are good friends. Yeah, really good friends.

And she is your friend too, Mira.

I feel left out.

Shut up you're just jealous!

Jealous? Fuck where did that come from?

I plug in my earphones and turn towards the window. I see my reflection on the glass window. Shit, I'm frowning. I look around and sigh, glad that no one saw me.

With a great push, the roller coaster of emotions finally whirrs off. The unbidden emotions tense me.

All went back to their chatter. But it was just music I could hear.

We are turning across a valley now. Peering through the window I find large trenches. I close my eyes immediately and clutch my chest. Damn, they are deep, covered with thick greenery.

We are squeezing through the thin road that cuts the valley to get at a higher altitude. The ground is getting down as we are moving up. Everyone is normal and I feel stupid to be afraid.

The tall trees stand by the side and their shadow falls on me. I close my eyes to relax.

"Hey, Mira. Get up!" Naina shakes me. How long was I out? It's getting dark. Damn it got evening. "We are here!"