Chapter- 13

"You do know that's inappropriate right?" I squeak as she measures my breast.

"It's not what you think," Kyra says and notes down the measures.

"Will anyone tell me what's exactly I have been called for?"

I am sitting on a leather chair in Kyra's room. She called me exactly eight times before my alarm rang today. Told me she needed my help. It's urgent, she added.

By the time I reached here, Naina and Dhriti were already here munching cookies with a fed-up expression.

"Wait for a few minutes more. You'll get to know", Dhriti says. "We've already been researched this way."

Okay.

"Perfect!" Kyra cried out.

"Did she get it all right?" Naina and Dhriti rise up the couch to her desk.

What the hell is happening? "I am still waiting."

"You're modeling for my dress, going down the runway!" Kyra announces. My eyes widen in horror.

"Yay!" The girls squeal in unison.

"No way," I say. Almost scream.

"She checked almost ten girls including us but couldn't get exact ...you know...shape," Dhriti explains pushing her chest in an action.

"Did you guys hear I said no? I haven't done anything like this before. I hate to be the center of attention." I shake my head furiously. "I haven't...I can't..."

"Mira ...please" Kyra pleads. "I have already spent like everything I had to design the dress. I can't afford a model."

So this is her real reason. I am the last resort? I scoff. I slump down the chair exhausted.

"So girls...everything's good?" Karan peeps into the room. What is he doing here?

"What are you doing here?" Naina asks him my question.

"Easy...checking on my friends. I brought coffee. Look." He pushes the door close with his foot.

He looks striking in the white shirt and black jacket. And when he moves his hand roughly through his hairs.

"Why don't you do it yourself?"I ask Kyra frustrated.

She comes closer and speaks in a low voice so Karan doesn't hear us.

"I have nothing to hold that beautiful sweetheart neckline across my chest. Look at you..." She actions on her chest and then mines making my eyes wide as Karan gives us his ridiculous grin.

Pervert!

She continues. "Dress would just come off on the ramp. You have perfect ...breasts."

"Okay. Enough." I scold her.

"So are you ready?" She mumbles.

"I don't know how to catwalk."

"What are we here for?" the girls say in unison.

"Yeah. You should really do it ...you know. Doing things that challenge you. Figure out more about yourself and thinking out of the box."

Karan tries to convince me. His lips moving in a pattern with each syllable. And then he bites his lips making them wet.

They all look at me with expectation. Even bat their eyelashes at me.

I know what I'm doing. I look at the dress on the mannequin once again and gulp down water.