Chapter- 14

One foot in front of the other.

Take long strides.

Let your arms swing.

Walk and bow.

Sway your hips and flaunt your dress.

Straight face with a little smile.

I'm chanting these lines in my head like some holy mantras. This is way out of my multitasking abilities.

Currently, I'm teaching myself how to walk down the ramp. It appeared quite easy when I watched the models catwalk from the other side of the television.

And now when I'm standing on my toes, pretending to be on heels and walking on the straight white line, my calves hurt and my head swings giving me nausea.

"Take rest. Will continue later." Kyra says. "With heels this time."

"Thanks," I say as Karan hands me his water flask.

I sit beside him on the bench of our auditorium.

"You're doing a great job."

I nod grabbing my lunch which is specially prepared by Kyra's Mom. Salad and juice!

As much as my lunch sounds boring, it's to prevent any breakout and keep me hydrated.

Just two days more. I say this to myself once more.

"Do you feel okay?" Karan eyes my lunch. Even he doesn't like it.

"Apart from the edginess, I feel for screwing it all up. I am good."

"Hey, you'll be fine alright. You'll rock." He brushes his hand up and down my arm and instantly I feel warmed. "You're the most versatile cat I've ever met."

I giggle. The dude would say everything apart from what actually I want to hear.

My mind drifts back to the last night dinner we invited Abhisekh to. Luckily they went back to their normal relationship after working things out. Their endearments didn't make me cringe last night rather I felt totally different than what I actually feel.

A sense of longing, desperation, and loneliness.

My heart starts to shrink. To prevent my mood from further ruining I lay my head on his shoulder. He recoils and my heart sinks.

Relaxing a bit he offers me his hug. My heart flutters.

"I wish you'll be with me there for me. I actually would want to listen to all your flaunty – confidence-boosting comments that night when I'll be high on my nerves." I murmur against his arm.

He chuckles.

"Sure."

I raise my head with a questioning look.

"You're my friend. I would love to escort you." That word again!

"I appreciate it."

I watch his lips close to me, in ecstasy and anticipation before getting distracted with a call.

"Break over!" Kyra says.

She approaches me with a big shoe box and reveals a pair of silvery shoes that are the exact match of my...I mean her designed dress's lacework. As much as those shoes are sexy and tempting, their heels are thinner than my little finger.

She buckles those sandals to my legs and tells me to stand up.

"Ow!" How long are they? Four inches are my maximum capacity.

"Five point five." She answers my unasked question. "You denied six. It should be fine."

I glare at her. She knows her fingers.

I practice the same walk once more, this time on heels. On my shaky legs, I take long strides with both my legs until I reach the fine end of the white line, I bend and twirl my dress and retreat with swaying hips.

"Perfect!" She exclaims.