27 | Water against Ice (1)

All of us got out of the car, looking around in vain.

"There is no sign of an attack by explosives or gunfire."
Avdol remarked as we closed the doors to our car.

"It looks like it just dropped down from the sky. The helicopter doesn't look like it reached a high altitude, the airbags also have been set off."
I remarked as I slowly started to approach the helicopter, with Jotaro following my lead.

"Caroline. I can bet my life that it was attacked by an enemy Stand."
Joseph stopped both of us, leading me to turn my head and look at him before Jotaro spoke up.
"Look! It's the pilot!"

We walked up closer to the helicopter, seeing the pilot being squeezed by the airbag, barely hanging out of the cockpit.

"He's dead... and whatever happened to him, it wasn't pretty."
Jotaro remarked as the rest approached the helicopter now.

The pilot was hanging out of the cockpit, blood on his arms, his eyes and mouth wide open, his hands dug into the helicopter's facade.

"Poor bastard. Approach carefully, whatever did that could still be hiding in there."
Joseph said as we stood a few metres away from the body.

I noticed some kind of liquid inside the pilot's mouth, but Jotaro already knelt down to inspect it.

"Is that water?"
I asked him and he nodded in response.

He moved the pilot's head to the side, making the water with a small fish inside flow outside onto the burning hot sand, but it didn't vaporise.

"There is no way all that water is just from his mouth. Must be flowing from somewhere else..."
Jotaro stood up again before both he and I spoke up at the same time.
"From his lungs."

The fish though... how come it was inside? It had to have been deployed there from the outside.

I widened my eyes in shock.

"He drowned in the desert! What the frick is going on..?"
I mumbled to myself to calm down my neves before Polnareff and Kakyoin yelled to us.

"Hey! We found the other guy over here! He's alive!"

I immediately ran over to the three of them, getting down on my knees next to the co-pilot.

"Hej, hang on! Are you able to talk to us?"
I asked him, looking at his face, lips and hands, seeing him drying out.

The man lifted his arm up a little bit, pointing at the canteen.
"Wa... water."

"Hurry, Polnareff, give me the canteen."
Joseph spoke up as the rest of them arrived, getting down next to me to help the co-pilot drink.
"Here, drink this. Be careful."

"No! The water attacked us!"
The co-pilot yelled with widened eyes before the water came splashing out of the canteen, forming a hand and ripping his head off before disappearing back into the canteen.

I closed my eyes and moved my arms in front of my face as I summoned White Snow, creating a shield of ice to protect myself from the gushing of blood. Jotaro grabbed me from behind and pulled me away from the body. Everyone of us distanced ourselves from now dead pilot and to the Stand in the canteen.

"The enemy Stand is inside the canteen! Damnit all!"
Joseph said as we all looked at the canteen lying next to the co-pilot.

"They were innocent bystanders... what reason did the person have to kill them!"
I exclaimed with a trembling voice before feeling a tight grip on my side.