9 | Singapore caring

I felt something move around next to me so I opened my eyes to have a look. It was the little girl who moved in her sleep into a more comfortable position.

I put my half of the survival blanket she and I shared on top of her before I turned my head to look around. Everyone else was sleeping, except for Jotaro who was apparently still keeping watch.

"Jotaro..?"
I whispered softly, leading him to look at me while I slowly moved closer to him.

Once I was sitting next to him, he spoke up quietly.
"Shouldn't you be asleep?"
"For how long was I asleep?"

"About four hours at best."
"Four hours are enough then."
"Four hours of sleep after being awake for over 36 hours is relatively scant."
"I'll try to sleep later. But what about you?"

My question lead Jotaro and me to look at each other before I continued again.
"Don't you want to go to sleep? I could take over and keep watch."
"Don't worry, I'll try to sleep later."

I giggled up at his repetition of my words before I looked at the calm waters.

"By the way.."
After a few moments of silence, Jotaro talked up.
"Hm?"
I muffled without averting my gaze from the ocean.

"Back when we fought that stupid ape, you looked perplexed and frightened when it pinned you against the wall."
"Oh, yeah.. that.."

I sighed before continuing.
"It was not because he pinned me against the wall, it was because he ripped my blouse. He exposed a vulnerable part of my body, so I.. was frozen in place for a moment. A girl's worst fear."

Jotaro didn't inquire anymore as both of us sat there in silence again.

In the distance, I noticed a few small lights glowing white and red. They caught my interest so I slowly stood up, leading Jotaro to look at me.

"Hey, Jotaro, am I seeing things?"
I asked him, causing him to slowly stand up before I continued.
"There are some lights in the distance, aren't there?"

Jotaro summoned Star Platinum, both of them looking into the distance.
"It's a ship."
He informed me as he retracted Star Platinum already. I sighed in relief while smiling to myself.
"Maybe we will reach Singapore soon after all."

He and I woke the others up so all of us could raise the ship's attention on us, luckily with success. The ship's crew took us in and at around 10am, we arrived in Singapore.

Since the journey was already bizarre and exhausting, we decided to take a day off and rest.

We were already standing in front of the hotel we wanted to check in when we were stopped by a raised voice behind us.
"Hey, turn around! You with the flat top!"

Everyone of us turned around to look at the person talking to us. It was a policeman on patrol.

"You threw this trash, right? It's a five-hundred Singapore dollar fine!"
The policeman talked directly to Polnareff as he was pointing at him.

"Five-hundred? No way.."
"The law prohibits littering and fines all violators for doing so and that means you!"

"Five-hundred dollars?"
"That's about forty-thousand yen."
"Trash?"
Kakyoin, Joseph and Avdol muttered one behind the other.

"Are you clear on that, punk?!"
The policeman yelled again, causing all of us to look at him again.

"Trash? What are you talking about, sir? All I see on the ground is my own luggage. So.. you have got me a little confused now. Please be so kind and tell me what trash you're referring to, officer. If you're wrong, then I am obeying the law, right? So where is it?"
Polnareff intimidatingly asked the policeman as he stepped up on him more and more by the sentence.