Better off dead chapter 2

Franks POV

I flung my head up to meet the gaze of the boy standing in the doorway. Full of rage he swung the door behind him and caused the door to smash at the lock.

Obliviously Ignorant to his action he stormed to the back of the class and furthest to the right. With a kick he moved his chair, threw his bag under the desk and sat bolt upright in his seat with his hands clasped together on the desk with his head resting on them gently.

"Two fucking minutes..." I heard the mysterious boy speak to himself.

Two minutes to find out who the hell this kid was.

His almost shoulder length black hair hung over his pale, emotionless face and covered his earphones. He wore a black army style jacket with black skinny jeans and a grey shirt that hung slightly around his shoulders and neck.

Squinting i studied the various badges that he wore on his top right pocket.

Batman symbol, cool. An upside down skull and and a one that was simply plain black.

He liked black. So did I. Not too bad newbie.

Seconds before the bell went the perplexing boy startlingly raised from his seat and stormed out the door. Without even batting an eyelid the teacher ignored his first actions of the school year.

What the fuck?

If I had done that I would have gotten about a month in detention.

"Duuuurrrrrrrrrrr..." The bell signalled letting us out from home room and allowing us to go to first period.

Maths.
Yey...

I hated math with a passion. Partly because my teacher was a arrogant prick and partly because I was a fucking dipshit when it came to Maths. It's probably because I never listen but I'm just gonna blame it on his bad teaching skills.

I was first here again... Wait no I wasn't, nobody was ever at class before me, who was it?

As I approached the room, B42, The figure became clear. It was mystery boy. He intrigued me viciously, to the point where I just wanted to run up to him and shout all my questions.

I had a feeling that that would not have been met with a welcoming reception and so I just stuck with watching from afar.

I will find out who he is though. Seriously he can't be this intriguing and not expect me to want to find out about him, after all we were the only people within a ten mile radius of this place who were a male who knew what eyeliner was.

As mr Matthews signalled for the class to enter the mystery boy slump over to him and was told to stand at the front of the room, leaving the boy with an expression of 'oh why, why the hell do I have to show myself to this bunch of weirdos...'.

Because the teacher was a prick we had a seating plan, luckily for me though nobody sat next to me in this godforsaken room.

As I slumped back down, adding to my increasingly bad posture, I watched mr Matthews point the boy in my direction.I quickly weighed the positives and negatives of the new situation I had been placed in.

Positive: you can stop calling him boy and learn his name.

Negative: he might be a twat

Positive: he might like the same stuff as you.

Negative: what if he wanted to be alone?

Positive: he really doesn't seem that bad...

My unpredictable train of though was broken by the boy gently pulling away the chair and slumping down similarly to the way I did.

He seemed cautious now, an extreme opposite the the person I had witnessed storm into home room changing the atmosphere with one action ten minutes ago.

He repeated to press his hands against his head and inhaled deeply.

We were now three quarters of the way through maths and I still didnt know anything about him except that he doesn't flick his hair away from his eyes, he scoops it in his and drags it back then ruffles it to the side.

Suddenly the moment I had been dreading came.

"So, turn to work with your partners and discuss the simultaneous equations sheet before you." Mr Matthews drowned on.

"So... I'm frank, and you are?" I mumbled almost inaudibly.

A shy yet confident look plastered across his face, he turned to me slightly opened his mouth to speak, then suddenly regretted the decision and turned away hiding his face back in his hands. Shaking his head.

I only wanted to know his name, it wasn't like I was asking something he would regret. He could at least give me the pleasure of knowing his first name if I was to sit with him for the foreseeable maths lessons.

I could tell he was going to try and withhold this information from me from as much as possible, but I was going to find out.

I was determined.

*bing bong*
"Could gerard Arthur way please report to the senior leadership Staff room for a timetable." A voice rained through.

The shy boy stood up beside me and walked out, nodding to the teacher for permission as he did so.

"Gerard. Gerard way." I whispered to myself.
Smiling awkwardly to myself.

I liked it.