Better off dead chapter 8

Franks POV

"Urrrghhhh..." I groan as I turn over in the unfamiliar bed and grasp my aching forehead.

Suddenly as I move my body is overcome by a paralysing pain that shoots from my neck.

"Shit!" I scream into my pillow as my hand clasps around my somehow bandaged neck and my eyes fly open.

As my curiosity is intensified my pain is practically numbed and I lay on my side searching around the dark room with my eyes.

The only source of light is a dull lamp and a slither of light trying to break through the black out blind that hung along the only window in the room.

'Somebody likes the dark!' I laughed in my head.

my only presumption was that I had gotten drunk again and ended up in some strangers bed because the only recollection I had of the previous night was that my mom had walked out and I found the vodka.

The silence of the room was unbearable and so I stretched out across the double bed finally turning over onto my other side. As my eyes silently fluttered open and trailed across the other half of the room I glanced down to the floor.

Motionlessly, what looked like a person lay on the floor beside the bed.

'Oh my god is he dead?' My mind ticked over.

The body lay face down in the carpet, and from what I could see It wasn't breathing.

"Uhhh... You okay buddy?" I almost whispered in the direction of the unknown person as I propped myself up on one elbow and once again clung to the crook of my neck where the immense pain was coming from.

If I was in this state there was a possibility of this being a dead body.

In complete contrast to the relaxed hushed tone I had spoken in the body jumped up in a panic and rushed to kneel at my side.

"Frankie!" They shouted in a hushed tone.

Before I could make out who it was they pulled me so I was sat up and wrapped their arms around my torso and shoved their face into my chest.

Quickly, they mumbled into my chest as it became more apparent that they were sobbing because of the sharp hitched breaths they were taking that made their back rise suddenly then fall.

Placing my arms below theirs and lifting slightly I moved the person and tried best as I could to sit them opposite me on the bed. Presuming what I wanted them to do they sat cross legged in front of me and held their head in their hands.

"You... Okay?" I questioned placing a hand on their shoulder and rubbing my thumb in circles on their collar bone.

Slowly, they lifted their head and embraced me in a much gentler hug being cautious of my neck.

I grinned to myself, I knew who it was as soon as I hugged them back and felt their soft hair brush against my face.

As they pulled away from the prolonged hug It became clear my assumption was correct.

It was gerard.

Although the fact that his face was stained with tears and a broken smile didn't help our situation.