Better off dead chapter 26

(A/N: this chapter is set in the car with Pete, Gerard and Mikey whilst they are on their way to New Jersey. And can I just say I'm not sure if I should be saying sorry for the spam of updates these past two days or not, it's just I've been sick so in writing to keep my mind from it, I hope you don't mind.) -xoxo

Gerard's POV

We all clambered into the car, myself and Mikey in the front and Pete in the back.

"Just stay safe okay? All of you." Patrick sighed, leaning in the back window and giving Pete a quick kiss on the cheek as we pulled away slowly.

"We'll be fine Patrick, now go have fun with jack and Alex, go and actually take part in the party." Pete laughed continuing what he was saying by shouting out the window as we pulled away "oh and I'm expecting more than that when I get back!" He tapped his cheek.

~30 minutes away from Gerard's house~

So far the journey had been filled with mindless chatter between my brother and Pete, myself mostly keeping quiet trying to control myself around my brother.

I really didn't want to hurt him but my instinct had other plans. That's why they sent Pete, he's much stronger than me so if I tried anything he could pull me off of Mikey, that's why Patrick didn't come.

It would have been putting both of the at risk.

Slowly, I could feel the intense need for blood building up inside me, to the point where I was breathing in anger.

"Mikey pull over..." Pete spoke calmly, directing Mikey to a parking lot near by which was empty.

"Why? We're almost here..." He questioned, leaning over to look at Pete.

"Just trust me, okay?" He cooed putting a hand on my shoulder.

As the car came to a stop Pete spoke again, this time to me. "Gerard, you're breathing, what are you feeling and how long do we have?"

"Im scared and I need to leave, I mean- I c-can't I have to go!" I cried, feeling the waves of blank emotions come over me.

It was too late.

I felt myself lose control and that was it.

I stopped being Gerard...

Pete's POV

His face turned a ghostly shade of white as if he had just passed out.

It was too late.

"Mikey, quickly unlock the doors!" I panicked, opening my door and running around to Gerard's, pulling him out of the car and on the floor.

"Mikey lock the doors!" I shouted, feeling Gerard, or should I say his body, crawl from the floor.

"No! What if you need to get back in?" He shouted back, joining me outside of the car but on the opposite side.

"It's too dangerous for you Mikey!" And with that being said, Gerard was up and standing; his eyes were a darker shade and his complexion had whitened to the point where he looked almost transparent.

Running to Mikey, before I had the chance to even think, Gerard tackled him to the floor. Jumping over the bonnet of the car, I pulled Gerard away before he attacked his brother. Pinning Gerard to the floor, I held his shoulders and shouted to what little of his conciseness remained before he completely flipped out and went full animal instinct on us both.

"Gerard please! Your better than this! He's your brother! Just wait for frank, we're only five minutes away from him! Please Gerard!" I practically sobbed into his shoulder as I felt him tense up beneath me.

Looking down, I saw a flash of colour return to his skin and eyes. Cautiously, I backed off, watching him shuffle up from the floor and run to Mikey.

"Are you okay? What did I do? Who's hurt? Where's Patrick?" He sobbed, helping Mikey up and giving me a sympathetic look.

"We're both fine and Patrick didn't come with us." Pete sighed in relief looking to Mikey.

"just get in the car. We're only five minutes away from your place, Pete will explain on the way..." Mikey grumbled, smiling slightly and rubbing his shoulder.

Gerard's POV

I felt a deep knotting sensation in my stomach as Pete explained what had happened.

"So yeah, it just took over and you flipped out on Mikey. It's weird you're one of the most different ones I've ever seen..." Pete half laughed, smiling at Mikey.

"When it takes over you're completely different, nothing like you at all. You go paler, your eyes get darker and god dammit your so much stronger." He relaxed into the back seat, smiling slightly.

"I'm so sorry... Both of you, Mikey if it wasn't for Pete I would have probably killed you... And Pete if you had never came I would have killed Patrick as well..." I sobbed, feeling tears threatening to spill.

"It's okay Gerard, really it is, just don't dwell on it, alright? See look we're here now." Mikey smiled, patting my knee.

"Wait, none of the lights are on?" Pete spoke up, getting out of the car at the same time as me to sit in the front with Mikes.

"Where the f-" I was cut off by a large rustling sound as I turned to see somebody struggling in the bushes.

Ah ha... Found him...

"It's okay guys you can go, I got this sorted." I waved to them as I ran up to the bush to find none other than frank, stinking of alcohol and tears streaming down his face...