Better off dead chapter 18

Franks POV

"You shouldn't trust him Frankie..." A ghostly voice called from the darkness surrounding me as heavy footsteps grew louder and closer.

"Who?" I cried out, too desperately for my own liking.

"Oh poor baby, you can't even see it, can you? He's got you wrapped around that sick little finger of his all too tight! One day your 'in love' and the next your a bloodless body on the floor!" The female voice called out as I watch their silhouette open curtains to have a slither of moonlight illuminate their features.

She stood leaning against the wall, one hand on the window sill and the other tightly wrapped around what looked like a dog leash.

"Who are y-you? What c-can't I see?" I called out once again, begging for the answer before I woke up.

"Never mind who I am," she laughed, brushing the question off with a shrug and a sickly sweet smile. "And the thing you can't see, poor Frankie, is right on the end of this leash... But, I guess, your just a bit to pathetic to see it because you can't even get out of those ties!" She laughed once again, pulling herself and whatever was on the end of that leash back into the dark with proud smirk.

How dare she do this to me?

This is basically kidnap!

Suddenly, an all to familiar, desperate voice called out.

"Frank! Please frank! Where are you?"

All I could do was sit and wonder whilst begging for this to not be how the dream ended.

He couldn't be the one on the leash... He just couldn't...

I fired myself up in bed, wiping the sweat from my face and clenching the bed sheets, I glanced over to the pile of my belongings we had collected earlier and then alarm clock.

5AM.

Great.

Still startled by the dreams, I lay back down and dragged Gerard closer to myself, clinging onto his clothes and body tightly.

"These dreams mean something, I know it... That's why it can't be you on the leash... Oh god, please don't be you on the leash..." I silently sobbed into his chest careful not to wake him because that would be hard to explain.

Can you imagine? Frank why are you crying into my shirt in the middle of the night and talking about leashes? And I'd be like it was a dream Gerard and I'd look like a psychopath for sure.

I better be quiet.

Control yourself man!

Relaxing slightly at his unconscious touch I drifted back off to my once again troubled sleep.

These dreams have been going on for far too long now, almost three weeks, every night they continue for a little longer but I only understand a tiny bit of them:

I'm tied up and can't move.

That bitch is hiding something from me.

Some shits gonna go down.

I'm absolutely one hundreds percent in love with Gerard way.

And I hope more than anything that mystery bitch doesn't get in the way of that.

"You shouldn't trust him!" The woman laughed again.

"Ya'know I'm getting a little bit sick of your shit! Who are you and what are you hiding from me!" I spat as I listened to her foot steps come closer.

"Well done Frankie! All you had to do was ask me!" She chuckled coming into my view without the leash in hand.

"But really, ill tell you baby..." She grinned, pulling up my chin and making eye contact for the first time.

Her eyes looked cold and empty, grey almost, as if they were void of any colour what so ever.

"I'm not your baby!" I spat literally this time, watching her wipe it from her cheek as I grinned with pride of my aim.

"Calm your tits frank! I'm only messing with you!" She almost screamed, bringing her hand down onto my face with immense power.

Okay I'm going to be quiet now.

With a whimper of pain I spoke again, "then tell me, what's on the end of that leash..."

"The thing on the end of that leash, dear frank, is something much worse than myself. It's something you can't even think about trusting, it will end you... You may not like me but I'm trying to help, I'm warning you so you don't get hurt..." She whispered in a hypnotic voice as she sauntered away.

"I didn't want you to see this frank, I just wanted you to take the hint... This thing is going to hurt enough without my input, but who am I to get in the way of what you want?" Her overwhelming laughter echoed through the what I presumed to be small room.

With a whimper that felt like a bullet to my heart Gerard, who was blindfolded with his arms tied similarly to how mine were behind my back, was kicked in the back from kneeling eye level in front of me to being face down on the floor. Watching him struggle to his knees, with the collar and leash still firmly in mystery bitches hand, made me want to burst out in tears.

Watching him scramble up blind and pant on his knees made my heart feel as if it were about to explode with sadness. He looked so helpless, whining and sobbing on the floor, and I couldn't do anything about it. Death would have been easier to be put through then having to witness that.

"F-frank! Is t-that you? Don't listen to h-her! I love you! I would n-never hurt you like that, you know that right?" He choked out through sobs, His uncontrollable shouts died down to a whisper as I watched the slither of moonlight highlight the streams of tears on his cheeks.

"Yes Gerard I'm here, I'm not listening to her gee... Don't worry, I know you would never hurt me like that..." I cooed, trying to comfort him as I lied straight to his face.

Was I lying?

Yes

No

Gerard would never hurt you!

He could...

He could isn't the same as he will frank!

She's getting in my head! I don't want this to happen, I love Gerard he would never hurt me!

He might if he wants your blood...

No! He wouldn't!

You know he would and what he's capable of...

He's my reason to live! If he's against me there's no point in living!

And just then as if she was listening to my thoughts she spoke to me.

"You're better off dead frank..."