Chapter 29: The Boom

*Sebastian*

"You got everything?" I asked Acacia as I helped pull her jacket on.

"Yeah," she said, smoothing her skirt a bit.

"And you're feeling okay?" I asked her. "Do you feel nauseous? Heart beating too hard? Do you need-"

"Sebastian, I'm alright," she assured me, holding my hand. "I got everything packed and ready, and I'm calm. Anything else, Mom's going to have them shipped over to Los Angeles."

I took a deep breath and nodded, realizing I was overwhelming her again.

"Right, yeah... Sorry...." I said.

It was finally the day to head to Los Angeles. Acacia has been anxious, but preparing everything for today.

Shy, Larisa and Andrew flew back 2 days before to get things ready, and since Larisa was needed at the salon.

Acacia has been improving a lot since everything, thankfully. She unfortunately still gets nightmares, but tries not to let me worry so much.

Things have looked up and I'm just really happy my sister is getting better.

Acacia just smiled up at me before walking over and hugging my waist.

I took a deep breath and smiled, hugging her back.

"Its going to be okay," she said softly, looking up at me.

She always knows how to make the worries go away.

"Come on, before we miss our flight," I said.

She smiled and nodded as we headed out, and that's when Acacia stopped and observed her semi-empty room.

She only chose to leave a few things behind, like school trophies and ribbons, a few photographs and mementos, some books, posters, things she can leave behind honestly.

Mom's going to ship a few extra clothes, some more books, shoes, blankets and other things for her later on this week.

"You okay?" I asked her, making her look over.

"Yeah... Its just... You know, I always thought when I did move out of here..... It would be because of my career or I found a guy I could trust..... Something good, a normal excuse...." She sighed. "Yet.... Here I am leaving home because someone I thought I could trust almost killed me and someone who I know.... In a way, I'm basically leaving just to escape nightmares....."

I frowned softly, but then reached over and gently put my hand on her head.

"Then look at it this way...." I said. "You are moving out to pursue you're college education, and to be happy and start a new chapter."

She looked up at me.

"This doesn't have to be about what happened.... You decide on what this can mean for you, little sister," I assured her.

She then smiled up at me before holding my hand. "Thanks, big brother...."

He smiled as then Remington came over.

"We got a situation outside...." he said.

Sebastian and I looked at each other before looking back at Remington and then following him outside, Emerson and Mom already out there.

I stepped out and that's when I saw someone familiar at the bottom of the porch steps, standing there nervously.

"M-Mr. Davis....." Acacia mumbled, making me put my arm around me, Remington and Emerson standing in front of us.