Chapter 33: The Underground

*Acacia*

I gasped as I felt the corset tighten around my abdomen, pain coarsing through my .

"Sorry! I am so sorry," the costume designer said. "Do you need to sit down?"

"Y-Yeah... Just for a minute," I sighed as she helped me sit down.

Good god... How did girls in the 1800's handle these things!?

"Let me get you some water," She said, nodding as she rushed out as I fanned myself with a nearby fan Emerson got with the gown I was to wear.

{Picture: example of Acacia's gown}

Some weeks passed and soon Palaye Royale was beginning to film their music video for Tonight is the Night I Die.

I began my classes and thankfully its going well so far.

My new job is also going well. I managed to get a part time job as a hostess in a popular steakhouse in downtown Los Angeles, which may be a bit hectic at times but it does pay well, and I still get tips, too.

Since I have today and tomorrow off, we took advantage to film parts in the video, mostly my scenes.

I laid back on the couch of my dressing room as Larisa then walked in.

"I see you're enjoying the costumes," Larisa chuckled as she came in, already in the underdress and wearing Sebastian's hoodie over it.

"I hope whoever invented these is burning in Hell," I sighed, feeling woozy. "How did girls back then wear these everyday?! It's torture!"

"No idea.... Here, let me help you," she said, putting her drink down and helping me up, having me turn around.

I don't know what she did but suddenly I was able to breath fine and took a deep breath as I was relieved, letting Larisa tie the corset back up.

"Shy knows her way around historical fashion, thanks to your brother," shes said with a chuckle as I relaxed. "So I learned a thing or two from her."

"Thanks," I said, sitting on the couch, now comfortable and breathing more easily. "What we do for ours guys, huh?"

She laughed. "They're lucky we love them," she said.

I smiled as she then sat next to me.

"You know.... Shy told me about your conversation with her from the other day...." she said.

I sighed and looked down. "Look, ummm.... He's not a terrible person, I know that, but.... I have to put distance.... Its the only rational, logical solution, especially after everything...."

"I mean, true.... Doesn't mean you have to leave the whole idea of being in a relationship off the table forever..." she said.

"No, not.... Not forever... Just until I...." I said, then sighed. "It's complicated...."